Chapter 29

I stood up and we both kind of just stared at each other.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you after your show, but I got caught up with some fans after you performed."

He didn't say anything. I felt myself start to choke up and the tears start to form in my eyes, but I tried to blink them away.

"They uhm.. wanted to show some fan edits of us together. They say hi by the way."

I kind of let out a nervous laugh and felt a tear roll down my face. I felt like I was humiliating myself. Like I came for someone who didn't even want me to text them let alone fly 2,000 miles across the country to see them. I looked at him and he just stared at me.

 "I wanted to come and show you that you matter and always have. I didn't entertain anyone else and I never wanted anyone else. So I'm here. Fighting for you. For us."

He stood there for a second and didn't say anything.

"I have to get back to the hotel."

He grabbed the charger in the wall which I guess is the reason he came back to the room in the first place, and headed for the door.

"How many times am I gonna have to embarrass myself till you start trusting me again?""

He stopped and turned around.

"Do you not get it, Nessa? You can not expect people to forgive you just because you say I'm sorry or-or show up to finally fight for what you want or finally do the right thing. You finally want to start trying? I told you when we go back together that I wanted to work through our shit and talk about it so something like this wouldn't happen. You said there was nothing to work through. You said it wasn't me, but then you run to some other guy!-"

He walked back in the room and slammed the door.

"So was that a lie? What did I not give you that you had to run to someone else! What did I not have!-"

I heard his voice crack.

"Huh, Nessa! What did Cade give you that I couldn't!"

"I told you he didn't give me anything!"

"Obviously he did! What did he say to you during those long nights at the studio that I never did! C'mon, Nessa. This is your time to tell me how did I fuck up this time that made you have to go confide into some other dude!"

"Zion, stop!"

"Tell me!"

I broke down in tears. I heard him start to sniffle and he paused and didn't say anything.

"How many times are we gonna do this, Nessa?"

I kept crying and then I partially got myself together.

"I'm not gonna let you just walk away. I did that once and I told you I wasn't gonna do it again."

"You're right, but this time you walked away from me."

I felt the tears form again and stream down my face.

"I told you nothing happened. I told you that I only wanted you and that's all I ever wanted! I don't know what else you want me to do, Zion! I'm trying so hard and fighting with everything I have! Cade doesn't matter to me, and he never did!"

"I want the truth then."

"Okay, I'll tell you whatever you want."

He paused.

"Tell me you never had any feelings for Cade. I want you to be able to tell me you never had any feelings for him."

I paused. For the first time, I genuinely thought about it. I thought back to the nights at the studio and the memories we had. Cade was easy to talk to, and he supported my dream completely. He encouraged me and made me feel confident in everything I did. He made me go for things I would have never pushed myself to do. He help me become the person I wanted to be. I kept saying he didn't mean anything and didn't matter but he did. He meant something to me. I kept telling Z what he wanted to hear because I thought it was salvage what we had but I realized me lying to him was jus pushing him farther and farther away. So I looked at the floor and back at Zion.