Chapter 44

"Zion, stop!"

I laughed as I  tried to push him away as he was trying to read the notepad I had been writing down on.

"Come on, let me see what you got so far."

"I came over here so I could focus on writing and NOT be distracted."

"I'm just curious."

He looked at me with and pouted his lips.

"Please."

"You're literally a child."

"I'll take that as a yes."

He quickly snatched the notepad and I tried to fight him for it back. He kept defending himself and continued reading and then I gave up. He became focused on the lyrics and stopped fighting back even though I had given up probably two minutes ago.

"It's just an idea. Nothing serious."

"Nessa, this is so good."

"Really?"

"Yes, this is amazing."

He looked up at me.

"I'm so proud of you."

"Zion.."

"No, I'm serious. I'm so fucking proud of you."

I smiled. He always made me feel so confident in myself. His encouragement meant more than he knew, and having him be in my corner made me feel so happy. I didn't think I could love somebody as much as I love him. He made me feel like no matter what we could overcome anything. 

"I love you."

"Love you too."

"Now back to work."

"Orrrrr, we could do something else.."

He stood up out of his chair. I looked up at him.

"Zion, I gotta write."

"You are the hardest working person I know. You deserve a break."

"I just figured out these melodies, and I think I'm on a roll with this idea and I-"

He knelt down and picked me up out of the chair and put me over his shoulder.

"Zion!"

"I don't know why you argue with me when I'm twice your size.

He carried me up the stairs and then opened his bedroom door and closed it behind him and set me on the bed.

"Zion."

He leaned over me and smiled.

"You know you're lucky you're cute, right?"-Me

"So I've heard."

I smiled and pulled his shirt and brought him into me. I kissed him for a sec and then pulled away.

"Okay, you had your fun now I really gotta finish the song."

"You can't take a little break?"

"Fine, we can take like a five minute break."

He looked at me and then smirked. He sat up and pulled his shirt off and then leaned back over.

"We're gonna need more than five minutes."

I looked up at him and paused.

"I can just finish the song tomorrow."

We both laughed and he leaned in and started to kiss me. I flipped over and got on top of him and took my shirt off. I leaned back in and kissed him. I unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants and-