Chapter 21

"Miss Wilson?"

I just stared at the doctor for a little bit. I didn't know what to say or to think. I had finally been able to deal with the fact that I wouldn't be able to go back to dancing like I used to. Now it's a possibility after all, and I had no idea what to think. I enjoyed singing and was looking forward to investing my time into that.

"Miss Wilson?"

"Uh.. yes.."

"Did you hear me?"

"Yea.. yea I heard you. I just don't understand. I thought dance wasn't going to be a possibility anymore."

"Well, the odds of you being able to perform at your full potential were very slim when we first examined your injury. The tissue and muscle around your knee seemed far too damaged for you to regain full range of motion like before, but now your knee is healing in a way we didn't expect."

"I-I don't know what to say.."

"I know it can come as a shock to most patients and might be hard to come to grasps with, but you are a very lucky woman, Miss Wilson and this is great news."

"Yea..."

"Well, I'm going to run the papers by the front desks, but if you don't have any questions then you're good to go."

"Uhm.. no, I don't have any questions. Th-thank you."

"You're very welcome. Have a good day, Miss Wilson."

The doctor grabbed his clip board and walked out the door. I sat there and just stared at the floor. I had no idea what to think. The thoughts just rushed through my head. I grabbed my keys and walked outside the office. I got in my car and sat there for a second. I grabbed my phone and called my mom.

"Hello."

"Hi, sweetie."

"Hey, Mom."

"What's up?"

"Uhm.. I just finished up my follow up appointment and the doctor gave me some news."

"Okay..."

"Uhm.. they looked at my x-rays and.. they say that uhm.. they say I'm going to be able to dance again, Mom."

"Shut up!"

"Yea.."

"Vanessa, this is great!"

"Yea.."

"I am so happy for you! Sweetie, this is amazing!"

"Yup."

"You don't sound like you agree..."

"I just.. you remember how I've told you like last week how I've been in the studio and just messing around with some stuff with Mav?"

"Yea.. he's your friend Raelynn's boyfriend right?"

"Yea, well I told you things were going really well and I was having a lot of fun and I honestly was considering focusing on singing."

"Yea?"

"Well now, this whole dance situation complicates things."

"I guess now you have to make a choice."

"Yea.. that's what I was worried about."

"Well, it all depends on what you love. Maybe dance isn't the same for you as it was."

"Yea.. I just don't know."

"As much as I would love to choose things for you and save you form this trouble I can't. We just have to trust things will work themselves out. Everything will be okay, sweetie."