Chapter 9

I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw all the guys and Kayla eating at the table. Zion was sitting next Brandon and whispering to him about something. He kind of looked up at me and then he looked back at Brandon. I kind of stood there for a little bit until Edwin started talking to me.

"Yo, Nessa. You and Kayla did so good. This spaghetti is delicious ."-Edwin

"Yea, this shits amazing."-Nick

"Uh.. Thanks. Glad you guys like it. Kayla, can I borrow you for a second?"

"Uh, sure."

We walked outside to the front lawn.

"What's wrong?"

"It happened again."

"What are you talking about?"

"Zion and I were having a perfectly fine conversation and then he started acting weird again."

"What did you say?"

I explained what happened upstairs.

"And he just walked out the room?"

"Yea, he just left. He didn't say anything. He just walked out."

"Okay, I'm with you on this one. That is really strange."

"I know!"

"Look, y'all talked it out last time. Just do it again."

"I'll talk to him later. I gotta get to work."

"I thought you took the day off?"

"Reese called me in. Kyle's sick today."

"Oh okay. Well I'm probably gonna hang out here for the day. If I hear anything from the boys I'll let you know. Don't think about it too much though, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Kayla."

I hugged her and then got in my car to drive to the cafe. I had a late shift today so I wouldn't be off until 8. I tried not to think about what happened with Zion but it kept popping up in my head. Did I say something? What if he actually meant to say I love you? Should I have said it back? I couldn't think straight and I kept spilling drinks on the customers so I asked Reese to take my break to clear my head. I went to the back room and went to check my phone. I had a text from Zion.

iMessage
Z💛

Meet me at the house tonight at 9. Dress nice.

Me:

Okay.. 

I put my phone down on the table. This didn't make any sense. I was more confused then before. I just tried to forget about it and go back to work. The number of customers died down so Reese ended up letting me leave at 7. I drove to my apartment to get ready to meet Zion. After I got out of he shower I tried calling Kayla but she wasn't picking up and she always picked up on the second ring. Something wasn't right... I decided to let it go and finish getting ready.

•My Outfit•