Chapter 17

Zion's POV

I watched her walk out the door and felt my eyes start to sting. I blinked away the tears and heard someone behind me.

"Was that Nessa?"-Nick

"Yea."

"You good?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"I said I'm fine."

I went upstairs and slammed the door. Why the hell would she just show up, after two fucking months. No phone call or texts. She just showed up, and everything came flooding back. I was so pissed. I was so angry at her. I loved her with everything in me and I hated the fact I did. I clenched my first and turned around and threw it into the wall. I guess Austin and Nick heard the noise and came busting into my room.

"Yo, what happened?"-Austin

I just stood there.

"Z."-Nick

"Just leave me alone."

"Bro, are you okay?"-Austin

"I'm fine."

"Obviously not, what did ya'll talk about?"-Nick

"I don't wanna talk about it. I need to get some ice."

I walked passed them and went downstairs. I grabbed some ice and sat on the back patio steps. I felt my throat close up and tears fall down off my face.

Vanessa's POV

"Myles, you there?"

"Yea-yea, I'm here. Your question just caught me by surprise, that's all."

"So is that a no?"

"No, I just didn't expect you to change your mind since you told me earlier you weren't completely sure because of everything with Zion.."

"Yea.. well I guess you could say I realized I was just wasting my time thinking that was going to be anything again.."

"Look, Nessa. I'm down to go out with you, but I'm really not trying to get wrapped up with someone who still is sorting stuff out with their ex."

"Trust me, Myles. Zion and I are done. So how about Lucio's tomorrow night?"

"Uh sure. I'll pick you up at 8."

"See you then."

I hung up the phone and drove back to apartment. Going out with Myles wasn't just a distraction. He was a nice guy and I knew I would enjoy myself, but I would still think about Z. But he made his feelings very clear, and that's exactly what I going to do also. It wasn't right to go back and forth hurting each other but I was angry at him and he was angry at me. I knew that I hurt him the day I let him walk out of my room, but I was trying to stop him from getting hurt. He obviously didn't see it like that, and he never was going to. I didn't blame him for being angry and trying to make me feel the same pain he did. I just didn't think I hurt him that much, and now he was doing the same to me and it hurt more than I ever imagined. I pulled up to my apartment and wiped the tears that I didn't know had rolled down my face. I put my phone and keys down and made myself some dinner. I finished eating and picked up my phone to scroll through my feed on Instagram.

"You've got to be joking."

I saw Zion posted a photo on his Instagram story of him and another pair of legs on a couch with the red heart. I stared at the picture for awhile and then tossed it on the counter and went to bed.