4~ Surprise

Nagisa's POV

We had already set off for Lumiose city and were now walking on Route 4. It had been quite a long distance for us since Lumiose city was further than any town I'd bothered walking to. We even had to stop and use the tents that we had brought along with us. It took us nearly 2 days and 1 night to reach the end of this route.

Braixen and Riolu were walking beside me while looking around for the Pokemons that could appear. December had already gone and the winter air had cleared up to say the least.

I bumped into someone and looked up to apologize whoever it was, only to see a boy who looked just like Karma. Excluding the fact that he had strawberry-blonde hair and sharp violet eyes that pierced through my very being. I noted that he was very attractive too.

"I-I'm sorry!" I squeaked out in an unusually high pitch even for me. The boy just nodded his head before glancing at my Pokemon. "Are you a Pokemon trainer?" He questioned, his voice smooth and a bit cold.

I shook my head before rubbing my head sheepishly. "Karma- kun here is a trainer." Karma was looking at Asano with narrowed eyes and both mercury and purple collided.

I think I missed most of the part of their conversation because now they were now glaring at each other as if they had bad blood amongst them. "How immature of you to keep your pokemons out. Don't you know pokeballs were invented for a reason?" The boy scoffed.

Karma had his chin high, looking down on the purple eyed boy. "Well, unlike you, I care about my pokemons' wishes." The orange head just smirked at his statement. "Well then let's see how good you've taken care of them. I'm Asano Gakushuu and I challenge you to a battle."

Treecko while perching on Karma's shoulder glared at Asano before huffing and looking away from Asano. Like trainer, like pokemons, right? But then a guy suddenly pulled Asano away from there.

Braixen and Riolu had readied their stance for any upcoming danger. The one with the glasses scolded Asano on how he shouldn't waste his time here. The boy with a mock cut approached us and said, "We're extremely sorry but we'll have to take him away from here."

While they were taking him away from this route, Karma cupped his hands near his mouth before saying, "My name's Akabane Karma. Remember it so that you can be embarrassed after being beaten by me in the league."

After the small incident, we soon reached Lumiose city and headed towards Professor Sycamore's lab. We had to ask several people for guidance since we didn't know the place well. We went past a brown gate and knocked on the front door.

Karma, just like always, barged into the lab without any regards to the Professor. I face palmed at his actions before entering the lab and bowing slightly. "Sorry for intruding!"

Professor Sycamore, who was cradling a brown egg with light brown stripes on his arms, just shook his head before saying, "You two are the kids from Vaniville, right?"

I bobbed my head up and down while giving them a shy smile. His assistant, Stacy as I remember from before, who was also cradling an identical egg whispered something in Professor's ear. His eyes widened before he snapped his fingers, "That's a brilliant idea!"

Before I could ask what is was, Karma beat me to it. They placed the eggs inside the incubator and neared us. "These eggs you see were just rescued by the Pokemon rangers from a Pokemon poacher."

I grimaced at his statement, people can be so selfish sometimes. "We want you two to take care of this egg so that you can train them." He finished bluntly as he extended the egg towards us.