2~ Assistance

This chapter's probably gonna suck but I'll try my best!

Third person POV

"Karma, don't let the Zigzagoon escape!"

"I'm trying. That bastard's really quick."

The two trainers plus the Professor were now on the grassy route near Littleroot town. Hoenn league would take place after a long time so the boys decided to utilize their time helping Professor Birch.

They were currently trying to catch a shiny Zigzagoon that they just spotted but it seemed that the little Pokemon was a big fan of tag game.

"Professor Birch!" Nagisa shouted while Karma held the Zigzagoon tightly in his arms. "Throw the pokeball already!"

The professor nodded before throwing a pokeball at the Zigzagoon and successfully capturing it. He picked the pokeball up from the ground as he rubbed his nape.

"Ah...thank you. My work's never been more easier!" Professor Birch exclaimed with glee.

Karma and Nagisa turned at each other and bumped their fist together, it had been quite a while since they'd worked together. It was good to know that the coordination between them was still good.

"I can research on the shiny pokemons and why they sparkle when they come out now." Saying that, he started to walk towards his lab. The two boys followed him with nothing to do for now at least.

The professor jolted in surprise when he saw a Pelipper waiting and pecking at his lab's door. "What the-?! Where did you come from?" His shout alarmed the trainers as they approached him.

Nagisa took out his pokeball but Karma stopped him. "Wait, isn't that a mail?" He questioned while pointing at the envelope tied to the flying type Pokemon's claw.

The professor took the mail before opening it and starting to read it in his mind. His eye brows furrowed a little before those dark orbs lightened up in recognition.

"Ah...this letter was sent by Roxanne." Birch said and the Pokemon nodded to confirm his words.

Nagisa looked at the bird with confusion, "But isn't she a rock type gym leader?" Being sent a flying and water type pokemon from a rock gym leader sounded a bit suspicious.

The older man turned towards him, the letter still on his hand, "She mentioned that it was a pet Pokemon of one of her students." Ah...right, she runs a pokeschool too. That removed his suspicion.

"Well, she said that I need to send the starters to her asap. One of her student is graduating soon." Professor Birch said before taking his pokepad out and doing something on it. His expression turned to one of horror as he exclaimed, "Oh my! My boy Brendon is at Vendaturf town right now so I have no one to send the starters to."

Nagisa gave a quick glance at Karma before saying, "Um...we can send the starters to her. I'm sure that Rustboro city is our next destination, right Karma?"

The red head nodded and Birch sighed in relief. "Thank you very much! I don't think what I could've done if not for the two of you."  Nagisa rubbed his neck shyly at the praise while Karma simply had his usual smirk.

"Well, this is the briefcase where we have our starters." He explained while handing the two a brown briefcase. "Brendon might meet you at Rustboro city so please pass the briefcase to him after you finish your job."

Nagisa nodded after his words as Karma took the brown briefcase from him. "Okay, how does he look like?" Nagisa questioned and Birch opened his mouth to explain but Karma cut him off.