Payback?

~Chapter Sixteen~                       

<Chris Brady> I was woken up the next morning with kisses from Lana. I didn't want to open my eyes and look at her. Her fingers were tracing my face and I lied down like a tree. Her fingers then came to my abs, rubbing her hands on me. She put her hands in my shorts and held me in there.

"Lana," I called and quickly took her hands off. My eyes were still closed. She kissed me on the cheek and kissed me on the lips too. "Lana, I don't have the strength to yell at you today. Can you please stop?"

"I know, that's why I'm doing this. Doctor will be here when Mr' George and Mellisa go out."

"Why are you calling my mom Mellisa too?" I opened my eyes.

"I love how you call her. It's cute." she laughed. Now, she was back to her old self. "Jesse is making breakfast."

"I want to sleep. Don't wake me up."

"Sure Chris." she pecked me before she got up from the bed. I closed my eyes again and tried to sleep. I had no sleep last night. Asher and her dominant girlfriend were running in my head.

I woke up feeling a little bit okay. The stitch pain was still there and my mouth tasted sour. I walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. I touched my neck and sighed. I guess this was tit for tat.

We both have scars now. Painful scars and hurting hearts.

I took a bath and freshened up. I wrapped the towel around my waist and the bathroom door opened. "Chris!" Lana exclaimed and I almost fell from her loud voice. "You look good." she winked at me and I scoffed in a smile. I walked through the door to the bedroom and she followed me. "Thora was here." she said.

"What?" I turned to her. "Thora... was here? Where is she?"

"She left. I begged her to see you because you had a hard time last night and she just went away. She said she wanted to know where you were, that's all." Lana explained and I closed my eyes to take a deep breath. "Hey, I tried to make her come here. She was rude to me when I asked her for this favor."

"It's okay." I said and walked to the closet. I picked up a t-shirt angrily and a jean. She just wanted to make sure I didn't die because of her.

That was a payback. What if she planned the whole thing with Asher because she thinks I hurt her again after everything she went through? I punched the closet angrily and sighed.

"Chris, don't let her get to you. I'll try to let her come over if your parents leave. I don't like seeing you like this."

"I'm okay Lana. Don't let her step a foot here."

"Are you sure?" I nodded and she sighed. I just slipped on the shirt and jean without doing anything. I had no time for any of that. "Should I comb your hair for you?"

"I don't need it." I ran my hand in it and stepped out of the room. I walked to the kitchen and Jesse smiled at me. "Was Thora here?"

"Yes sir. She didn't come inside. She left after talking to Miss Lana." I nodded and took a seat on the dining table. They served my pancakes with a glass of syrup and a mango juice.  I starred at the food reminiscing Thora's breakfast. Is my life going to be like this now?

Even pancakes and common mango juice reminds me of her? I pushed the food angrily and stood up from the chair. "Chris." Jesse called. I looked at her and I knew she's been watching me. When she calls me Chris, it indicates concern and worries.

"I'm fine Jesse." I faked a smile at her and she smiled back.

"Then sit down and eat your food. You didn't eat anything yesterday too." I sat back and started eating the food. I knew she wouldn't go away if I don't eat.

She hasn't been just a 'househelper' to me. I've known her for years now and she was just some few years older than me. She smiled at me when I finished my food. "I'll be preparing lunch soon." she said and I nodded.

I walked back to my room and there was no Lana. I was glad she wasn't there. The complicated sex we had last night meant nothing to me again and I wouldn't like her talking about it. My door opened in some minutes and she walked in with the doctor. I could tell she was trying hard not to look at me the same way I was trying not to look at her.

The doctor checked me up and Lana was looking at what he was doing instead. She would've been looking at me.

"Your wife really took care of you last night. You look better than yesterday." he smiled and I looked at Lana expecting her to react but she didn't. The doctor talked to her away from me again before he left and she left too without a word.

It's good she's learnt to stop talking.
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stayed the week in bed and had trouble breathing once in a while and mostly at nights too. Lana covered up for me giving excuses to my mom and dad before I fully recover. I know it's over but I still expected Thora's call. It would be nice to hear her give me an excuse like 'I'm calling to check up on you. I'm glad you didn't die'. I shouldn't expect more from her.

Another weekend, Lana ran to my room holding her belly. She was slender and it makes me wonder at times if she was pregnant or not. Her belly wasn't that huge compared to what I expected from women. She panted and smiled at me for the first time in that week.

"Mr' George..." she panted. "And Mellisa...are heading here." My eyes widened and I touched the unhealed scar on my neck. "Get up." she said. I stood up hurriedly from the bed and she ran to me. Just then, the door opened. We both gasped and she put her hands on my neck kissing me. Her hand wasn't leaving my neck and I knew she was doing it so my mom, whose eyes were falling on us, wouldn't see. My dad entered too and she shushed him.

"Let's go back. They're busy." My mom said to him and the door closed. I drew away from Lana and breathed in heavily.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't think of anything else." she grinned and I nodded still taking deep breaths. "Let's put some hoodie on you." her eyes parted from mine and she headed to the closet. "This will do." she walked to me with a black hoodie.

Her eyes gestured to take the shirt off. I did without talking. When the shirt was off my body, she stood in front of me with the shirt in her hand biting on her lips. I cleared my throat to her and she closed her eyes. She shook her head and handed the hoodie to me. I put it on and wore its cap too.

"Good?" she nodded and we both walked to the hall. My mom and dad looked like they were the ones serving dinner. She was passing plates to him and he carefully put them on the table. Lana looked at me surprisingly. My mom smiled when she looked at us.

"Let's have dinner together today." she suggested, smiling and I nodded.

We all sat around the table to eat and anytime I took my head up, my mom and dad will look away. Lana was getting uncomfortable. "Are you okay?" My mom asked her and she nodded. "You'll be due soon. Don't stress up okay." she nodded again and drunk her water.

After dinner, we all went to our rooms separately. Lana stood by her door looking at me. She didn't expect me to let her spend her night with me, right? I pushed that question back and entered my room, locking the door. I heard my phone ringing and I picked it up from the bed. Nathaniel was calling. I sighed and answered the call.

"Hey beast, how are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm okay. You good too?"

"Yeah. Uh... I do not want to gossip but it seems Thora is pregnant."

I stayed silent on the phone for what seemed to be minutes. Is it my child? She sexed Asher, I sexed her and he sexed her again. Am I responsible for this too? Can it be my baby?

"Nat you're serious?"

"Damn serious. She'll kill me if she knows I called you."

"Is... is it my child?"

"I'm sure it is. She didn't leave her room for days when you guys fucked again." he laughed and I sighed.

Well, congrats to me. I'll be having babies on my neck now and two women who make my life unbearable.

Good luck Chris Brady.

Good luck. Please vote, share and add to your reading list.