Move On

~Chapter Forty-One~        

<Chris Brady> Loud angry bangs erupted from the hall. It was loud enough to make me sit up on the bed. Lana was lying beside me and she had the duvets around her. The loud thump came again and she yawned on the bed. She sat up too and looked at me.

"What's going on?" she yawned. I shrugged at her and stood up from the bed. I put on a black joggers and she stood up from the bed too. "Should we check it out together?"

"Put something on first. You're naked." she smiled and grabbed my shirt on the chair. She curled her hair in a bun and it reminded me of someone. "Check up on Aiden. He must be awake."

"Okay." she stepped forward to me and kissed on my lips. I faked a smile at her and walked down to the hall. I opened the front door and Asher Miller was standing in front of me. I almost closed the door and he held the door knob. I pushed him backwards and held the doorknob.

"Leave!" I barked.

"I don't want to be here either. Where's Lana?"

"I'm not answering your questions. Leave before I force you to." He sighed and looked at me. "Are you not leaving?"

"Chris, who is it?" Lana asked from behind. She walked closer to me and took a step back when she saw Asher. "I'll be... with Aiden." she stammered and turned to leave.

"Lana where's Thora?" Asher angrily asked and I looked at both of them. "Where is she Lana!" he yelled. Her body shook and she slowly turned to us.

"Why are you asking me about her? How will I know where she is?"

"Don't play your dumbass games on me. Tell me where she is!"

"Lana what is he talking about? Do you know where Thora is?" I asked and she shook her head. Asher stepped forward to her and grabbed her hands. He pinned her face to the door and she groaned. "Hey!"

"It's been almost five months now Lana. You've done enough. You got him so let her go. I'll take care of her when you let her out. Don't do this anymore. I'll handle it my way now." What was this confusing talk all about? He squeezed Lana's hand when she wasn't talking and she groaned again.

"I don't know what you're talking about Asher." she said calmly. I know that line. She was faking it. "Please let go off me." she cried.

"What's going on?" I asked. Asher looked at Lana and she shook her head to him. "What the fuck is going on! You guys were talking about Thora, weren't you?"

*Five Months Earlier*
I let Lana come into my life again after Thora broke up with me on phone. Lana has my son, she likes me, we've fucked before and I'm single so why not.

I stayed with her, with thoughts of healing the wound Thora caused her and we got closer than we should've. She seemed like a different person too. She was full of smiles and laughter and she took care of Aiden alone without Jesse's help. We'd go to work together most often with Aiden and she'll be multitasking at work. It didn't look like a problem to her. She handles all my paperwork and schedules plus my dad's own and still take care of Aiden.

Every single day, she showed me a new side of her. She became a new Lana. My dad stopped being on my neck since Lana started living with me. Lana walks around my house with just a shirt on sometimes. I knew she did that on purpose. We'd play together with Aiden till he falls asleep and we'd just sit down sighing. He was a handful too. He was difficult just like his mother. I saw to it we lived together as a family now.

Lana looked at me nervously after Aiden fell asleep and gulped. She was having an effect on me. She acts like Thora once in a while. It just makes me hard. I got to know from Nathaniel, Thora went away from everyone. She sent him messages just like she did to me. He had his own burdens and Thora was matured enough to go to wherever she wanted so he didn't bother to know her whereabouts. It just seemed I was the only one who lost a mind hoping and wishing she comes back to all of us. She said in her message she moved on and I had to move on too.