How Long?

~Chapter Thirty One~              

<Thora Violet> It's been a week now since I saw Chris. We talk on phone and text each other from time to time. Cheryl hasn't been home and I only see Nathaniel after he closes from work. He didn't look the same. I do not know if they broke up or not. I've been handling my business at home and trying to find ways to work out my relationship with Chris. This was tough.

Lana and his son have been living together in the same house with him. How long was it going to take for him to get his mind off me? I received a call on my phone and not only the number was unknown but the voice too.

"Violet," a man's voice. Deep and sexy. I stayed silent on the phone trying to picture Who this voice belongs to. "My baby brother misses you. Are you not going to forgive him?"

"Dave?"

"Yes Violet. Let's see you tonight."

"No!"

"Are you scared of him? He'll do worse if you keep ignoring him. He isn't the same Asher I know. Talk to him before he forces you to."

"Why should I talk to him? We don't have anything to talk about..."

"You do. He'll see you tonight." he hanged up and I stared at the phone. These Miller brothers are getting on my nerves.

"Thora." Nathaniel called from the hall and my heart hardened. It shouldn't be Asher. "Thora can we talk?" I sighed and stood up from the bed. I opened the door and walked to him in slow motion. He was sitting in the couch with his phone. My brother was loosing weight. "When is Cheryl coming?"

"I... I don't know. Did she call?"

"She didn't. Let her bring Mia over tomorrow. She can go back if she wants to."

"Did you break up?" I asked and he looked at me. "You did?"

"I didn't. I want my daughter home."

"I'll talk to her."

"Okay." he stood up and a knock came through the door. "I'm going inside. See who's at the door." I nodded and watched him go to his room. He looked sick. Cheryl really did him bad. The knock came again and I took gentle-scared steps to the door. I prayed it wasn't Miller.

"Who's it?" I asked. There was no answer and I opened the door with fear. My hands got sweaty and I swallowed my nervousness. A sweat fell from my forehead when Asher showed up in my face. "Hey," I said and he smiled.

"Hey," he said and I faked a smile. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," he smiled again and stepped inside.
"So uh... how are you?"

"I'm good." he turned to me after looking around the hall. "Should I apologize again?"

"No, I'm okay."

"Are we good now? Do you forgive me?" I nodded and he held my hand. He pulled me closer to him and his eyes were searching through me. "I'm sorry for making you feel scared. I didn't mean to harm anyone. We can be together again if you let him go. I don't want to lose you to him. He's done enough to you Violet."

"Asher... I... I love him. I don't want to be away from him anymore. We're okay now."

"You won't be okay. I know bad things happen anytime you guys get together. Real bad things are going to happen and he'll choose you over Aiden."

"How did you..."

"I know everything Thora. Even if he still loves you, it's not going to last. You're going to get hurt again. You'll be a victim to his silly games." I took my hand off his and drew back from him. He must know who Lana is if Dave knows her too. What are they planning this time too?