Where Are You?

~Chapter Forty~             

<Chris Brady> The cries of a baby always wakes me up even when I do not want to. I covered my ears with the pillows on the bed and still heard my son's ugly cries. I gave up trying to sleep and sat down on the bed. I walked out of the room and stood on the stairs angrily. The cries were getting heavier.

"Lana!" I yelled out. The door to her room opened and Jesse came out instead. Aiden was wrapped in her arms. "Where's she?"

"I don't know sir."

"She did not come home last night?"

"Yes sir." I sighed and held Aiden in my arms.

"Call her up." I said to her. She removed her phone from her back pocket and dialed Lana's number. Lana did not answer her phone and Jesse called again. "Where the fuck did she go?" I angrily asked. My mom came out of her room with a robe on. She smiled at me and took Aiden from me. "Do you know where she went to?"

"How will I know? She's your son's mom so you should call her up."

"We do not have that kind of relationship." I corrected.

"You do. Your son needs her and so you need her too. Do you want him to cry all day?"

"No." I said and headed to my room. I picked up my phone and called her and she did not answer my calls too.

•The Witch Secretary👺
Do you miss me already?

Me
Hell no! I'm leaving with Aiden and Jesse. Where are you?

The Witch Secretary👺
You're finally doing it. Have a nice life with her!

I chuckled and put the phone on the bed. I took my bath and got ready to leave the house. I wanted to surprise Thora. She wouldn't be expecting me.

~I firstly went to my old house without Aiden and Jesse. I went inside the house and dialed Thora's number a thousand times. The phone had been turned off. I came out of the house and walked to hers. I knocked a thousand times too and there was no answer. No car was parked in front of the house. It was the weekend and Nathaniel should've been home. She knew I'll be coming. Why was her phone turned off? I waited for minutes in front of the house and received a call from my dad.

"Where's Lana?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. She was not on my list of people I cared about. "Is she with you?"

"No dad. Can I call you back?"

"No! My daughter in-law hasn't been answering my calls since yesterday and I demand to know where she is right now! Get her home in the next twenty minutes Chris."

"She's not a kid. She'll come home if she wants to."

"Exactly! She is not a kid. She is matured enough to be with her son and family and she hasn't been home since last night. Find her and bring her home before I call you again."

"Dad, my fiancée is missing too. Look for your so called daughter in-law yourself if she really means something to you. I wish she stays wherever she is so stop calling to ask me about her. I'm loosing my mind here!" I hung up on him and breathed in air. "I've had enough of y'all." I eyed and sighed. I tried calling Thora's number again and it was still turned off. "Come on Thora! Do you want to do this now?"

~I patiently... crazily waited for two whole days at the house for Thora and she wasn't back from wherever she went to. My mom and dad have been calling on my phone all day and night asking me about Lana. I need to know where my Thora is too. I dialed Nathaniel's number and he was asking me about her too.