All I Want

~Chapter Twenty Two~              

<Chris Brady> All I want for this birthday is right here with me. Thora Violet. She was here with me. I don't want to make a fool of myself and kiss her. She might pull away from me and leave me broken again. She was shaking in the cold water and I let go off her.

The look in her eyes faded away when I pulled away. I climbed out of the pool and stretched my hand to her. She took my hand and I almost let go. She still has that effect on me. I lose my mind a thousand times when we touch like this. I helped her get out of the pool and she was wearing my shirt.

Did she know I'll be here? Isn't this giving me some sign. Why isn't her belly big like Lana's. Did she give birth already?

Freya threw a towel to her and she held the towel without looking at me. "Happy birthday Chris." I turned and this face was familiar but I couldn't point it out.

"Julie you came!" Hillary ran to her and they all gasped. Julie? Julie Sam? She wasn't plump anymore and her hair was shortened. She was just curvy now and toned down.

Cheryl hinted me Levi fucked her in school and I couldn't believe it. Cheryl became my gossip partner when Thora was in a coma. Some words just slip out of her mouth when she wants to make you stop talking sometimes. I looked at Levi and his eyes weren't leaving her sight. It was amusing. I didn't believe he slept with her when his brother dated her. That must be why they stopped talking to each other again.

"Miss dead girl." Julie said and they laughed.

"Come on, not here too Julie." said Thora. Julie just smiled at Levi and walked away with Hillary.

"Who booked this place?" I asked.

"Lana did." Randy answered and sat down on one of the sun loungers. Thora looked at me when Lana's name was mentioned. He stretched his legs and looked at me. My friend got cocky. "Are you surprised?"

"Well I am."

"She said it's your birthday gift. Do you love it?" he laughed. "Your dad is spoiling that girl Chris. She'll build a new world for just you and her if she has to." he laughed again. Cheryl ran to Thora and held her hand. "Cherry," she looked at him and he winked at her. She dragged Thora's hand away and I looked at him too. 

"Don't tell me you've started Randy."

"It did. Last night." he sighed. "I didn't do anything wrong. Hillary and I are in an open relationship now so it's acceptable."

"She has a daughter Randy. Are you guys not done with each other?" he shook his head. "Nathaniel will kill you if he finds out you fucked her again. Stop doing this. It isn't like you."

"What do you want me to do? Hillary looks like she's preparing the world for a better place. She simply agreed to it when I suggested it. I know she's been seeing someone else too..."

"It doesn't have to be Cheryl!"

"There's nothing wrong with it Chris. She still likes me and it'll be over again when we leave here." I shook my head and sighed. "I strangely can't get over her." he sighed too.

"You have to. She has a daughter with Nathaniel and they're living together."

"I'll get over her if you get over Thora."

"Thora and I are different..."

"You're not. You've a son with Lana too and you live together with her." That fact hurts. "Happy birthday. I've a lot of surprises for you." he laughed and I stepped away from him.