Silent Night

~Chapter Thirty Four~

<Chris Brady> To make Thora smile, I took it upon myself to drive for hours till we got what she wanted. An Inn out of town. It looked like a home meant for us. I had it booked for a week. That won't be enough for us. I wasn't sure she'll love to have the whole week with me. She still wasn't talking to me. She nods to whatever I say to her and I got uncomfortable. She brought this whole getaway issue first. She was now making me feel like I forced her here. It was upsetting.

The room we will be using was opened to us and she stepped in first. She walked around the big room with a sitting room and balcony. I was following her like a fly and put my bag and laptop bag in the chair. She put her handbag down too and walked to the balcony. Night had fallen and the street lights lined up the town.

Looking down, a pool was beneath us and it had a dim blue light inside. She touched the metal around the balcony and sighed.

"Thora," I called. She remained still. I stood at her back and put my hand on her waist. She shrugged me off and I stepped away from her. Why are we here and what did I do wrong?

"Can you tell me what I did wrong? Why are you treating me like I did something bad?" she turned to me and just walked out on me. "Thora,"

"Let me be please." I gritted my teeth and kept my cool here. She put her hair into a bun and took off the dress she wore. She opened my bag and picked out my shirt.

"Should we go out and shop for clothes? You'll need it for the week."

"I'm tired." she put her hands into the shirt and buttoned it up. She walked out on me again to the balcony and sat down on the coffee chair. She was looking outside taking deep breaths. "You should call home. Your family has to know you're safe with me."

"I'm not a kid Thora." she scoffed. "Should we..."

"No! Stay silent. I don't want to hear you say anything." I sat down on the bed looking at her. She sat in the same position for minutes. She'll sigh and ran her hand in her hair. I turned, lied down on the bed and sat up again and she was still in that position. She was wiping tears off now and sighing uncontrollably.

Thora stood up and walked to me. I was feeling scared within. She was staring at me. "Chris," she said. "I..." my phone rung and we both looked at it. Lana was calling. I sighed and looked at Thora. "Answer your call."

"It's not important."

"Answer it." she commanded. I answered the call and put it on a speaker mode to avoid any suspicions. She was already mad at me for something I don't know.

"Chris, when are coming back?" Lana asked.

"Why are you asking?"

"I miss you." she said calmly with her fake emotions. Thora folded her arms on her chest and looked at me. Lana sniffed on the phone and I was gritting my teeth. "Can you come back? I want to be with you tonight."

"No, go to bed."

"I put Aiden to bed an hour ago and I still can't sleep. Mellisa and Sir went out again. We're going to be like them soon, right?"

"No. Let me call you back..."

"I'm not complaining that you're spending the night with her. Have you forgotten what we talked about? Why are you making things hard for me too? This is not fair Chris."

"Good night." I hung up on her and Thora's gaze was making me sweat. She eyed me and headed for the bathroom. I lied back on the bed and sighed. "I'm fucked up."

I sat up on the bed, tapping my toe on the floor. She came back from the bathroom with a white towel wrapped around her. Her hair was still in a bun. She opened the mini fridge in the room and took out a bottled water. She gulped it down and walked to the balcony again.

"Thora, are you going to ignore me and pretend like I do not exist? We came here together. Stop ignoring me." she paid no heed to my nonsense. Her backside faced me. "Thora do you want me to leave?" she turned to me now.

"Leave." she bawled.

"What's wrong with you? You wanted us to be here. You came to me!" I shot and she wiped a tear away. "Stop doing that! What do you want me to do if you're not telling me anything?"

"What would you have done if I didn't come for you? You caused this and you're not doing anything about it."

"I'm trying..."

"Try harder! Don't make me beg you to be with me. Why do I have to seek permission before I see you? Can't you make decisions on your own? Can't you let her out of your life if you claim she means nothing to you! You've been sleeping with her and doing everything we were supposed to be doing together with her. You're even planning to marry her!" she yelled and turned again. She heavily cried.

I sat down on the bed for almost an hour and she was still sitting. Her phone rung in her bag and she rushed for it. She went back to the balcony and answered her call. "Hey," she said. She sniffed and wiped her face with her palm. "I wish I was." She stayed silent on the phone and brushed tears off. "It's..." she sniffed again and her voice was getting shaky.

Tears had choked her voice and I was getting so depressed seeing her like that. "Maybe you were right. It's always going to be like this. I need some time to think. Just one last time." I stood up from the bed and walked slowly to her. "Yeah, goodnight Miller." I made a fist in my hand and took a step back. She's still been talking to him? "I'll let you know." she laughed and sniffed.

~
The bathroom was colder when I stepped in there. Thora was still talking to him and I didn't want to mind. I wasn't even sure our relationship was going to work out. If I'm to leave the house, it'll be like I'm abandoning my son. If I'm to take him along, Lana has to be with me. What should I do? Should I live with her and my son?

I should live alone. I'll see Aiden on the weekend and try to convince my mom. Lana has been poisoning my dad's mind. He listens to every word she says and tries to control my mind too. His words of advice just pass at the back of my head. Why should I marry someone I do not love because she gave me a son? I can make thousands girls get me a son or daughter if I want to. Will I marry them all?

Grownups should take advice from We the young ones too.

He wants me to be a man. I'll be a man and get out of that cage when I leave this place. I'll be with Thora. I'm not going to let his words of advice confuse my mind anymore.

~~~~~~~~
~Thora was already on the bed with a t-shirt on when I stepped out of the bathroom after washing up. I could see her butt cheeks and fair skin. She wasn't going to talk to me and I won't bother too. Let's have a silent night.

On the bed, we were both looking at the ceiling. I turned on my side to look at her. I didn't know how a person's face can make my heart thump and ache all at once.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked. A tear dropped on the bed and she turned her back to me. Her bare thighs was dragging me to her. I wanted to touch her. I haven't had good sex in months. But this silent night was making it unbearable. I'm going to fuck her at all angles when I slowly get her in my arms. I hate being disrespected.

~Silent Morning! She was stressing me up with her attitude. Not even a good morning kiss from her. Her frown was still wearing her and she eyed me anytime our eyes met. Breakfast was served in the room and she picked up hers on a tray. She sat at the balcony again and I was loosing all my patience.

"Thora!" I yelled and she didn't even turn. I put a shirt on and picked up my phone and wallet from the chair. I walked out of the room angrily and headed to the parking lot.

What am I doing here if she isn't going to talk to me and look at me? What is she so angry about? I know I left her to deal with this alone but I was trying hard too. I can't disrespect my mom. They bring Aiden into this and my head spins. I try hard too and she's still been talking to Asher.

Lana and I are not friends. I still hate her. I hate her living me and I hate that she's Aiden's mom. Thora and I should have a baby soon.

Holy Night🎼