17. A Trip To Realization

Recap: Abhiram telling about his trip to Bangalore - He is happy for their concern.

Abhiram's PoV
I looked at my packed bags. Seriously am I going to attend an award function with these dresses? But Abhi, you are not the old billionaire now. Just an ordinary man who is living because of someone else's kindness and pure heart. I smiled at my own thoughts.

Why am I liking this?

I am currently standing at the railway station and to my surprise this is the first time I am going to travel by a train. Wait, I didn't fix it till now.

"Here are your tickets." I looked at the person who failed all my plans.

Why did she accompany me here? I made her believe all my fake stories regarding the fake interview in Bangalore. She being innocent believe it. Not my mistake. I asked Daksh to book two air tickets to Bangalore. I informed him that I will join him at airport after leaving here. But everything turned upside down when she announced that she is also coming to railway station accompanying me.

Why Meenakshi? Why? Now what will I say when Daksh come with the air tickets? Glad that I informed him to join me here last minute.

"Ram, what are you thinking?"she snapped her fingers infront of me and I just brought back to the world.

"Why two tickets?"I asked taking the train tickets from her.
"You said that your friend is also coming with you."she said.

Yes, now I remember. Stupid me.

"He will join me soon."I said fixing a smile on my face.

"Sir, do you want coffee?" A coffee seller asked us.
"Do you want one?" Meenakshi asked me and I shook my head.
She let the coffee seller go.

"Dont tense about anything. Even if the interview is bad, don't stress. Let's try for another job. Ok?"she asked and my heart flutter at her words for a moment.

I nodded with guilt.
I am a big liar...

"Dont forget to call me when you reach Bangalore."she added and I smiled wholeheartedly.

And the next second she handed over a packet to me making me confused.
"What's this Meenu?"I asked.
"A new pair of shirt and pants for you. Selected by me."she said and I widened my eyes.

"For what?"
"Hey you are going to attend an interview. You have to wear some good dress. Otherwise they won't hire you."she said.

Dont know when my eyes started watering. I turned my face away from her to hide it.
"And don't hesitate to kick those interviewers if they ask you difficult questions. Follow Meenakshi's path."she said making me chuckle.

"Ok now you go. Train will come anytime soon"I said
"I can wait till you go"
"Meenu, obey me atleast now. There Malu and Dadu are alone. And I am not there. So you should be with them always."I insisted her and finally she agreed.

Thank God!!! I must celebrate this with crackers because she is obeying me. Note the sarcasm.

"Ok I will. But I need your address in Bangalore."she asked and I thought for a moment. I took out a paper and wrote the address of the hotel where we booked tickets. Surprisingly it was the original address where we are going to stay. I didn't want to lie to her one more time.