38. His House in Danger

I am writing this story only to entertain my readers. Please dont question my characters' morals and logics by reading something that is just written for fun.

Recap: Abhiram's mom supporting him to proceed his love - Friends meeting at the restaurant.

Abhiram's PoV: At Night
I can't express how much happy currently I am. On one side my parents are now the world's best parents as always I wished for. On the other side Meenakshi, she is such a wonderful part of my life. A best friend, a motivator, inspiration, relief and everything that anyone can ask from a single person. And Daksh, Dadu and Malu. My complete family includes all these together. Once I was the most depressed man on earth. But now I am the most happiest one.

It was such an hectic day where I had to attend many meetings outside the office. I wanted to visit office once only to see Meenakshi for a while. But I couldn't since I became free only after the office hours. I had no energy to travel such a long distance to go and meet her at her home. But as usual I talked with her in phone and also with Dadu and Malu. She asked me to not travel any more since I am tired and said that we can meet tomorrow. A day without seeing her, it's such a miserable day.

My phone rang and a smile crept across my face seeing the caller ID.
"Meenu, didn't you sleep till now?"I asked immediately attending the call.

"How can I call you if I am sleeping?"she asked back.

"It's almost 12 am and why are you staying awake? Usually you would be sleeping soundly this time."I asked amazingly.

"Did you miss me today?"she asked making me confuse.
"That was not what I asked you?"I pointed out.
"Do you want to see me?"she asked again which is not related to what I asked. I sighed.
"Oh yes madam. I want to see you now. Can you please come here to accomplish my wish? Hey idiot. Stop this. Tell something that is relevant."I asked to tease her.

"There is not a word impossible in Meenakshi's dictionary. Open that large window right back at your room."she said and I almost dropped the phone from my hands.

I rushed to the back side of my room and opened the large window with great difficulty since it's rarely we used to open it. That too once or twice for cleaning purpose.

My jaw dropped and eyes widened seeing her standing on the top of a ladder leaning towards the window. She have her phone on her ears and she is trying hard to balance herself on the ladder. I held my head in disbelief.

"Hai Ram. Surprise for you. See I am here."she gave me a full teeth smile. My mouth automatically opened widely.

"Meenu...you ..here...how..."I was still in shock unable to form words.

"I can't stand like this for a long time. Help me to get inside first. This is not the way Khannas should suppose to treat a surprise guest."she complained bringing me back to the scene where we are currently. She is still on the ladder and I am looking at her with opened mouth and blinking eyes.
Is she for real?

"Here. Hold my hand"
I forwarded my hand towards her.
"No. First of all answer my questions. Then only I will enter. Otherwise I will go back."she demanded.
"Which questions?"I asked looking around to see whether anyone is watching us.
"Did you miss me? Did you really want to see me?"she asked.