18. A Knock on Heart

Recap: Abhi and Daksh leaving - the train journey - Abhi is confused.

Abhiram's PoV: Next Day Late Night
I was sitting on the bed thinking something. My body is present here. But my mind was not with me. It's been one day I am staying away from her and I feel like time is paused. Why the days are not going fast? I mean I really miss her. Miss her? I don't know. But I surely missing her craziness. When I was with her, her craziness sometimes irritated me. But now when she is away from me, I feel like I am not complete. Really something is missing somewhere.

"Really cute"
I heard Daksh's voice and saw him playing with the trophy I got for today's function. He hold the trophy and took so many selfies as if he is holding Oscar. But I was neither interested nor liking it.

Business Man Of the Year
When I heard this news I was so happy. But now I am no more happy. I can't completely enjoy this dream moments. I am feeling like a deadbody.

I looked at the dress I am wearing now. It's the same shirt and pants she bought specially for me. I received the award in this dress and I felt so proud for that. Daksh compelled me to wear a new pair of branded dress. But I was not ready for that. I feel very happy wearing this.

"Someone stucked on his Meenakshi"
I heard his voice and then he chuckled.
"Didn't I tell you to stop this?"I glared at him. But he was not in a mood to stop his teasing.

"Poor Business Man Of the Year. He is not in his control. Someone else is controlling him now." He added and returned to his never ending series of selfies.

I fell back on the bed thinking. He is right. My mind was not in my control. Even during the function I was thinking about Meenakshi. Why?

May be he is right.

What right? Am I falling for her?

Abhi... what are you thinking man? You are mad.

Falling for her? Not possible.

Again.. Having a wife like her, it's not bad.

Shut....!!!

What the hell I am thinking? Idiot I am. I jumped up from bed.
"You are the reason for all this mess"I scolded Daksh who returned me an expression that asks me?

I started walking in the room.
"When are we returning?"I asked impatiently.
"Wait man. Tomorrow morning we are bidding good bye to our favourite Bangalore."he replied.
I shrugged my shoulders and again started walking here and there.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and the caller ID sent peace to my heart.
"Meenu.."I called happily.
"Wow..so happy? Did you get the job Ram?"she asked and I kept mum.

"Hey Ram..are you hearing me?"she asked loudly.
"I am sorry Meenu. I didn't get the job. I am."
Before I complete she stopped me.
"It's ok Ram..I can understand..why are you worrying when I have a job at Khanna Constructions?"her voice reflected her pride and I smiled unknowingly.

Why am I worrying when I am the owner of Khanna Constructions?
I bit my lips.

"So when are you coming back?"
If you want, I am ready now.
"Ram, are you hearing me?"she asked again.
"Yes I am. I will start from here morning."I said.
"Ok I will wait at the railway station."she said.
"Railway station ah?" I gave a look to Daksh and he glared at me.
He gestured me to stop her.
"Meenu..you don't need to come. I will come myself."I said and she replied an ok.