37. The Trio In Charge

Recap: Abhiram at Meenakshi's house - The midnight walk - friends again.

At Night
"Meenu, you cut the call first. Go to sleep. Good night." Abhiram said while walking through his empty balcony with phone in his ear.

"Why can't you end the call first? Why should it be always me?"Meenakshi asked back.
"Oh this girl. Ok I want to listen to you till the last moment while you end the call."he said.
"Oh then I am not ending."she said.
"You are mad. Then talk something else."he demanded.
"Dont behave like you are seeing my madness for the first time."she warned.

He laughed while turning back only to be freeze at his position. He became pale seeing his mom standing at the door while leaning on the wall. She had a smirk on her face that felt like a teasing smile for him. She raised her eyebrows and he grinned back.

"Meenu, mom is here. I will talk to you tomorrow. Good night."he said on phone.
"Wait. Is your mom watching you? I need to talk to her."Meenakshi said.
"Not now. Go and sleep now."he warned.

"Aunty, your son is in love with a mad girl." She shouted from the other end audible enough to hear in the entire room. He was shocked and his mom's smirk has increased. He cut the call immediately.

"Mom she was just..."he didn't get words to speak.
"Wait. What was she saying? I didn't hear it completely." His mom said coming near him.
"She is mad."he said.

"Oh I was thinking about which mad girl she was talking. Now you confirmed it."Dhana Khanna spoke in an authoritative tone and he had to try hard to hide his smile.

"Wait. Are you blushing?"she asked.
"Mom. Dont tease me."he screamed.
She bursted into laugh.
"Now tell me. Are you in love with your Meenakshi?"his mom asked making him skip his heart beat.
He was frozen for a moment and then nodded his head slightly.

"I can't believe this eventhough I had some doubts. Abhi, do you really love her?"Dhana was excited to know her son's mind.

"Yes mom. I love her. I love her more than any man can love his girl."he replied.
His mom was wondered for a moment and then she slowly made him sit on the couch. She sat beside him.

"Meenakshi she is just a rare creation of God. I don't know how to describe her. She can make us forget all our worries without our knowledge. She can make us smile and laugh. Above all she can make us think. She changed my perspectives about life. It is only because of her I am now alive physically and mentally. You dont have any idea how much crazy she is. But beyond that craziness she is hiding a wonderful personality that only people close to her can realize. She is amazing mom. If I ever wanted to fall in love with a girl, I wanted it to be someone like her. She is more than what I can describe about her."he rested his chin on his mom's shoulder while she embraced him into her arms.

"More than love, I respects her a lot. For everything she is. I don't want her to be out of my life. She can make us feel blessed with her presence. How can I stop myself from falling in love with her?" He said looking at his mom's brightened face.

"Does she love you?" His mom asked hopefully and his face changed.
"What happened Abhi? Didn't you confess your love till now? Then what was she shouting in phone?"his mom looks confused.

"Mom, I confessed my heart infront of her. But she..."he paused without knowing how to proceed the rest.

"She...did she reject you?"Dhana was curious and little bit tensed.
"She neither rejected nor accepted me."he replied.
"So I think you are in the waiting list. Good. You still have a chance boy. Dont worry."his mom consoled him by moving her hand through his hairs.