20. Marriage Proposal

Recap: Daksh - Meenakshi friendship, Daksh's Ex, Meenakshi's prank.

Abhiram's PoV
It was a Sunday when we decided to stay back at home trying out some new recipes which is just downloaded from internet. But the entire effort gone waste when Ms.Crazy came up with the idea of adding sugar instead of salt. And her reason was the most funny one. Who wouldn't like a change?
Anyway the chicken dish we prepared after taking 3 hours didn't even get touched by our neighbor's dog too.
Yes, who wouldn't like a change?

I was resting on sofa switching some news channels after the hangover of junk food which we booked online to replace our special sweet chicken dish. After she became friends with Daksh, I am getting some good reports about my best friend from her. That relaxed me a lot. He also started getting attached with her. I laughed for a week hearing the way how she handled his ex who slapped my poor Daksh. And on the other side his teasing session is still going smoothly regarding me and Meenakshi. I don't know when I started enjoying it. But I pretended to be angry whenever he came up with that topic ended up blushing.

"Ram, I need your help."Dadu sat infront of me with a serious look. I switched off the TV to listen him.
"Ofcourse I will do anything for you."I gave my most faithful smile. I felt myself as an hero when I said those words. Little did I know that he will ask me to accompany Meenakshi to see a guy. I regretted immediately after hearing it.
Yes, it's a marriage proposal.
I was shocked when he blasted the bomb in my ears.

"Marriage? She is only 25..or 26..no.. only 27 I think.."I stuttered.
"25, 26 or 27...she is a girl and I am the only elder who is responsible for her. It's my duty to give her into right hands before I die."he said in the most emotional way.

No matter which generation is this, the dialogue is same. I pity you Meenakshi.

"I think I am also elder to her."I said in an effort to convey him that I can also look after her.
"Who knows that who will see god first? May be you..or may be me. Noone is sure."he said almost giving me an heart attack.

Hey old man. I am not that much elder. I am just 29. Am I look so old?

"The guy is nice and having his own book stall in town. I think he will be perfect for her."he said dramatically as if he is doing his duty perfectly.

Seriously? I haven't seen her touching a book till now.

"What sin that man have done with us? Let him live for some more years."I said.
"May be god hates him. We can't do anything Ram. It's his fate."he said since he knows his grand daughter completely.
I chuckled.
"Whatever it is she have to marry one day. May be he is the one meant for her. Anyway final decision is hers."he added.
"Do you think she will agree with this? I don't think."I said.
"She already.."
I was shocked hearing him.

Did she agree? How? May be this old man came up with his emotional drama to make her agree. Couldn't tolerating him, she might have agreed.

"I have to force her a lot to agree for a meeting with him. But she was not ready for a traditional meeting at girl's home. She wanted to see the guy at his home and she demanded that the guy should welcome her with a tray of tea cups completely opposite to what we usually do. This girl..."he caught his head with his hands making me giggle.

"I know she will ask the man to stay at her home after marriage. May be she will also ask for dowry too from him."I laughed.
"May be...I pity him if she liked him. Anyway she finally agreed to meet him at a cafeteria."he said relieved.