36. Restart

Recap: Abhi Meenakshi moments at office - reunion with Dadu & Malu.

Meenakshi was in an hurry to prepare the dinner since Abhi also wished to join them. She was happy and excited since he is here to taste her food after a short gap.

"May I help you madam?" She turned back to see Abhi standing at the door with a smile.
"No I think. I don't want my boss to work along with me in the kitchen."she smirked before turning back.
"Oh that really hurts. You are so mean Meenu."he said placing his hand above his heart and pretending to be get hurt. She giggled.

She was chopping onion when he suddenly grabbed the knife from her hand making her confused. He started chopping it while she was staring at him in surprise.
"Abhi, what are you doing? You don't need to do this."she said trying to take the knife back.
He looked at her with a pained expression and she averted her gaze realizing what she said.
"Please Meenu. I feel like a stranger for you whenever you are calling me Abhi. Call me Ram. You have no idea how much I am craving to hear that from you again."he said.

"Please give that knife back to me. I can do this alone."she said to change the topic.
"This is not the first time I am coming to this kitchen. I know each and every corner here well. For God sake I am that old Ram itself. And I don't want to be a guest for you. That's the last thing I wish."he said getting annoyed.

She didnt want to hurt him more and allowed him to help her. They cooked together while talking and cherishing their old moments in that kitchen. He felt relieved. Atleast the way she is behaving with him is not making him feel like a stranger eventhough her words are still taunting him.

After finishing the works they served the dinner together and joined Dadu and Malu on the dining table.
"Abhi, did you inform your parents about your late arrival?" Dadu asked him.
"Yes Dadu. I already informed them that I will not be coming for dinner."he said and Meenakshi smiled while serving more food for him. He was amazed.
"Meenu my stomach will blast out soon if you are serving me like this. This is more than enough."he said and the others grinned their teeth.

Dinner finished with little chatting and laughs. Meenakshi was washing the utensils when he again came to kitchen.
"Surprise for my wonder girl."Abhi said and she turned back to see him with a box in his hands.
"For me?"she asked in surprise.
"Yes only for you."he confirmed while she stared at him for a long minute cannot believing his words.
"But you said that you didn't buy anything for me?"she asked.
"Yeah I didn't buy anything for you. This is for the person who made me feel special for many months and who made me the most happy in life."he said and she smiled before taking the box from his hands.

"Thank you"she said and he frowned. She didnt mind it and started opening the box curiously. She saw a teddy bear in that box and suddenly her all happiness gone. She glared at him.

"What's this? Do you really think that I am still a kid to play with a teddy bear?"she asked angrily.
"Or is this for Malu?"

"No Meenu. This is exactly for you. I couldn't find any other thing that can match your level of thinking."he said with a smirk. Her face became red due to anger. She started hitting him with the same teddy while he was trying to escape from her hits. He caught her hands at a point and made her look at the teddy for once. She was wondered seeing a card sticked to the teddy bear along with a few chocolates. It took no more seconds for her to read it.

To the limited edition on this earth, my dear craziest friend,
I am really proud to have you as my friend. And I will be even more happy to be more than a friend for you if you allows. There will be so many girls on this world, but believe me my wonder girl, there will be no other Meenakshi like you. I don't know what gift from me can make you happy. I am just confused. That's why this unpredictable gift. Because you are always unpredictable to this world. Be that limited Meenakshi forever. Dont change for anyone. Because your craziness have more fans than you.
With all love, your Ram.