Chapter 1

I got this idea after watching Elseworlds. How might things have changed if Oliver's arrow didn't just destroy the book of destiny? What if it also did one more rewrite to reality? As in reset reality back to 7 years ago, when Oliver first returned home from Lian Yu. How might things have turned out different for him if he suddenly got a do over and he was the only one who realized it? This story will contain some elements from my Frosty Arrow fic. And now enjoy Destiny Rewritten.

Oliver was holding up his arrow as he watched Deegan hold up the book of destiny at him and he silently wished for a moment that he'd been the one the Monitor had given the book to. There were so many things he would've changed. But now he knew what he had to do.

He aimed let his arrow fly and it hit the book of destiny, causing a huge explosion that sent everyone flying back. Before Oliver's vision went dark, he saw what almost looked like one last shift in reality.

When Oliver came to, he found that he wasn't outside Star Labs anymore. Actually, he wasn't even sure he was in Central City anymore. He was lying on a hospital bed in Star City.

"Where am I?" Oliver asked, trying to make sense of things.

"Mr. Queen, you're awake." Dr. Lamb said as he approached him.

"Yeah, but how did I get here?" Oliver asked, confused.

"You were sent here the moment you got off the plane from Hong Kong to be checked up on for your injuries following your rescue from Lian Yu." Dr. Lamb said and now it was beginning to make sense to Oliver. Somehow, when his arrow had hit the book of destiny, it had also caused one last change to reality. He'd been sent back 7 years in time, to the day he'd returned from Lian Yu.

Unfortunately, that meant his father was still dead, but nearly everyone else was still alive. His mom, Tommy, Samantha, Quentin and Laurel. That was the one who'd weighed the heaviest on his heart. While he had loved Felicity, after he'd come back from Slabside, he'd begun to realize that maybe they were just better off as friends, not as a couple. Besides, he what he felt for Laurel was much stronger than anything he'd ever felt for Felicity and he was not going to waste it this time.

"Is my mother here?" Oliver asked.

"She's waiting outside." Dr. Lamb confirmed.

"Can I see her?" Oliver asked and Dr. Lamb nodded as he walked out and returned a minute later with his mother and Oliver couldn't stop the tears coming to his eyes as he saw Moira Queen, alive and well, standing in front of him.

"Hi mom." Oliver said, choked up.

"Oliver." Moira said, tears coming to her own eyes and she rushed up to him and hugged him, tears welling from her eyes.

"I missed you so much." Oliver said as he wrapped his arms around her tightly, silently swearing to himself that he'd kill Slade if he had to in order to keep her alive.

"I missed you more." Moira said and Oliver smiled, feeling more alive then he had in years. He had a second chance. He wasn't going to waste it.

When they returned to the mansion, Oliver smiled that they still had the mansion, he looked at the photos on the table.

"You remarried?" Oliver asked his mother, looking at a wedding photo of her and Walter.

"Yes, I was going to tell you but." Moira said and Oliver just smiled.

"Mom, I'm happy that you were able to move on. Dad would've wanted you to be happy. But I am hurt you didn't think I could handle it. After 5 years in hell, I think I can handle anything." Oliver said.

"I suppose so. I just didn't know how you'd react." Moira said as Walter joined them.

"Oliver, it's good to see you again." Walter said as they shook hands.

"You to Walter. You mind your manners around my mom." Oliver said with a slight smile and they both laughed.

"Now, there's one other person I'm surprised I haven't seen yet." Oliver said and no sooner did he say that did he hear footsteps behind him and he turned to see Thea standing at the top of stairs and Oliver smiled, since not only did she look younger, she looked happier. Free of all the darkness Oliver knew she would suffer soon if he didn't stop it. And he would.

"Hey sis." Oliver said.

"I knew it. I knew you were still alive." Thea said as she ran towards and her brother and hugged him.

"I missed you so much." Thea said.

"You were with me the whole time." Oliver assured her.

When Oliver entered his old room, he was only half surprised when he found himself back in the Monitor's realm.

"Do you like my gift Oliver Queen?" the Monitor asked.

"What?" Oliver asked.

"The arrow I gave you was not only designed to destroy the book of destiny, but also to let you shape reality as you see fit, though this was change that cannot be undone, as I did it to ensure the balance would be maintained." the Monitor said.

"Why?" Oliver asked.

"It was clear that while your earth had potential, it did not have enough time to prepare for the crisis that is coming. So I gave you the power to make sure it did have time. You are the only one aware of this change and it is not only this earth affected." the Monitor said.

"What do you mean?" Oliver asked.

"Since people from Supergirl's earth were here during the shift, it inadvertently caused the two earths to fuse together. Fortunately, since it was caused by a shift in reality, no one realizes it." the Monitor said.

"So Kara, Clark, Alex, they're all inhabitants of this earth now?" Oliver asked.

"Indeed. The greatest heroes of the multiverse now stand united on a single earth thanks to you." the Monitor said.

"Why let me do that?" Oliver asked.

"You claim that you are not the hero your world needs. Well now I've given you a chance to become the hero it needs. You are welcome. Enjoy the chance I've given you Oliver Queen. There will not be another." The monitor said as suddenly, Oliver found himself back in his old room, trying to process what he'd just learned.