Chapter 84

"I'm guessing you struck out with the Bratva?" Winn asked Oliver as he entered the bunker the next day.

"Pretty much. I even tried calling the Pakhan in Russia, he's an old friend, but he's stubborn. Unless we can find out who the real killer is, he's planning on sending additional forces to help deal with whoever is responsible for this." Oliver said.

"And I've been monitoring the dark web and it sounds like the Bratva aren't the only ones. The Triad is also reaching out to Asia." Winn said.

"Great." Oliver said as Thea entered.

"No luck on this end. Whoever it is, they know how to avoid detection. Also, just because I can fly doesn't mean I have Supergirl's powers." Thea said.

"Hopefully either Roy can get us something." Oliver said, though he was pretty sure he already knew who the killer was.

"He's still at work." Thea said.

"Maybe we should see if there are any members inside any of these organizations. It might be an inside job." Oliver said.

"Okay I will get on that." Winn said.

"Start with the Bertinelli's. Last time I checked, they're the only ones who are entirely based in Star City." Oliver said and Winn nodded.

"Okay, I think you might be onto something." Winn said as he brought up an image of Helena Bertinelli.

"Helena Bertinelli?" The a asked.

"Yep. According to this, her fiance Michael Stanton was killed by her father's enforcer. Sounds like she might want payback." Winn said.

"And in doing so, she could end up destroying the whole city by pitting all the crime gangs against each other. There's no way she's doing this alone." Oliver said.

"So, we find her and her accomplices." Thea said.

"Exactly. I'm going to go bring Laurel up to speed on this, see if she can help us narrow down the search." Oliver said.

"So, you think that Helena Bertinelli is stirring up a mob war just to get revenge on her father?" Laurel asked.

"I know, it sounds far-fetched." Oliver said.

"Extremely, but then again, some girls like to go to extreme lengths to piss off their fathers. Why do you think I started dating you." Laurel said.

"So do you not want to get married then?" Oliver asked her jokingly.

"Very funny Ollie. Look, right now, this is just a baseless accusation. You get something with a little substance, actual proof and then the SCPD can react." Laurel said.

"Got it. I will see what I can dig up." Oliver said, already knowing where to start.

"So, what did Laurel say?" Roy asked.

"She said that we need something more concrete before the SCPD can do anything. Winn, can you please start looking into Helena's financial records. You find something suspicious then Roy can get a warrant for the SCPD to begin looking into her." Oliver said.

"On it. I just wish I could figure out how to track Helena." Winn said.

"I'll check to see if Lyla will let us use the Argus satellites to help with that." Oliver said and Winn nodded.

"Huh, that's interesting." Winn said as he quickly accessed the records.

"What?" Roy asked.

"It seems that Helena Bertinelli is making monthly payments on a storage locker in the Glades. Now why would the daughter of a rich mob boss go there?" Winn asked.

"Because it's somewhere no one would think to look for her. I'll get a warrant to search it. Fortunately, the mayor is an old friend." Roy said and Oliver chuckled.

"I'll let Laurel know to be ready if need be, but since the SCPD have been trying to put Frank Bertinelli away for years, I think that any opportunity to take him down a peg will be taken." Oliver said.

"I'll see you guys later." Roy said as he walked out.

"Roy's only been on the force a few days, but he's really taking to it." Thea said.

"He's a hero. Now he has a chance to be one in the light of day." Oliver said.

"You think you'll ever do that?" Thea asked and Oliver chuckled.

"Speedy, I've never been one to follow the rules, even before I was a vigilante. I'm pretty sure that me joining the police force would be a mockery of the entire justice system." Oliver said and Thea laughed at that.