Chapter 76

"So, did you call Caitlin?" Thea asked Lyla as they stood outside the cell that now contained her father.

"Yeah, she's on her way here now. I didn't tell her the reason for it though. Figured it would be best coming from you. By the way, have you told her that you're sisters yet?" Lyla asked Thea, who shook her head.

"No, I'm not sure how bring it up." Thea said.

"Well, you're going to have to tell her now." Lyla said as Caitlin approached them.

"Tell me what?" Caitlin asked.

"Well for starters, this." Thea said as she pressed a button that revealed the cell's inmate to them.

"Wait, dad." Caitlin asked, shocked since she'd thought her dad was dead.

"Finally, both of my daughters are together." Icicle said with a sick grin.

"Wait, both of his daughters?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah, it turns out that after your parents got divorced, my mom had an affair with him and I was the result of it." Thea said sheepishly.

"So, you're my sister." Caitlin said.

"Yeah, not exactly how I wanted to tell you, but I guess this is killing two birds with one stone." Thea said as Caitlin then turned to her father.

"How is he even alive?" Caitlin asked.

"He managed to use a cryogenic treatment to cure his ALS, but at the same time, it turned him into this. The Icicle. He also performed a modified version of the treatment on me when I was a baby to keep me from developing ALS and that's where I got my powers from." Thea explained.

"And yet this family is not truly complete yet, for we are still missing someone." Icicle said as he looked at Caitlin.

"Why are you looking at me?" Caitlin asked.

"Before I treated your sister, I treated you. After that, I made more refinements to the treatment before I performed it on Thea. That's why her powers don't have their own alter-ego." Icicle said.

"Wait, I have cold powers to?" Caitlin asked, shocked.

"I'm still trying to figure out why Thea's powers became active while your's didn't." Icicle said.

"I can answer that. My powers activated after I was kidnapped by the so called Savior. The rush of adrenaline activated my powers." Thea said.

"Even so, I'm not even sure I want powers." Caitlin said as she walked away and Thea followed her sister.

"Hey, you okay?" Thea asked.

"Yeah, sorry. It's just, these powers are probably what turned dad into what he is now. You didn't know him before, but he was a good man and a great father, my mother even admitted that the only reason they got divorced was because in the end they just wanted different things." Caitlin said.

"That's why I brought you in on this. I didn't just want you to know what happened to him." Thea said.

"You were hoping I might be able to find a way to cure him." Caitlin said.

"You're the most skilled biochemist I know. If anyone can figure it out, you can." Thea said.

"It would be easier if I had access to my father's research and equipment. If I can find out exactly he created this meta gene, I might be able to use that data to reverse the process." Caitlin said.

"Great, but I'm guessing that's not the only reason you left." Thea said.

"Yeah, finding out you apparently have powers inert inside you is a bit shocking. And I'm not even sure I want them." Caitlin said.

"Why not? You've seen the things I can do right?" Thea asked.

"Yes, but at the same time, you heard what dad said, the treatment he used on you was more refined and advanced then the one he did on me. What if I become like him?" Caitlin said.

"Look Caitlin, I know I make it look easy to control this power, but it isn't. Even though my powers don't come with a split personality, thank god for that by the way, I still feel the darkness that comes with them. I felt it when I had him at my mercy earlier. I could've killed him. But I didn't. We all choose who we want to be and what we do with our lives. The choice about whether or not you want to activate your powers is yours. But a bit of advice." Thea said.

"More advice?" Caitlin asked.

"Wait until after you figure out that cure, so that if you change your mind about the powers, you can reverse it." Thea said and Caitlin nodded as her sister left her alone to think.