Chapter 71

"So, you're father has joined forces with Hive." John said to Thea, who nodded.

"Looks like that's one thing we have in common. Family members who turned out to be villians." Thea said as Oliver thought to himself that some things never changed. Thea's father may be a different man now, but he was still a douche.

"Did you guys ever tell Caitlin about this. She needs to be on alert in case Icicle tries to go through her." Laurel asked.

"Icicle won't try. For some reason he seems to be fixed on Thea, otherwise I'm sure we would've heard something from Barry about him attacking her." Oliver said.

"What I'm trying to figure out is why I got cold powers like my dad, but Caitlin didn't, since we both have the same dad." Thea said.

"Maybe she does, she just hasn't experienced anything to trigger them yet." Oliver said.

"That is a thought. I mean Thea, your powers didn't begin to show until we were kidnapped by that weird Savior guy." Roy pointed out.

"Anyways, back on topic, should we be worried that a meta who also appears to know Thea's and possibly all of our identities is working with Hive?" Laurel asked.

"Something tells me that if Darhk knew our identities, we'd already know about it." Oliver assured them.

"Why exactly did we let the League have Fayad?" Roy asked.

"Because in the event Hive is tracking her, we can't risk revealing the location of our base to them." Oliver explained.

"Wait, that gives me an idea." Winn said.

"What?" Oliver asked.

"If Hive does track their members the same way the government tracks their agents, then we can use that frequency to back trace every place Fayad's been and maybe even locate where Hive's headquarters is." Winn said.

"How would they be tracking her. By her phone?" Laurel asked.

"I doubt it. My guess would be some kind of implant. Every Argus, DEO and government agent have a subdermal implant that allows our superiors to track us in case we get kidnapped." Winn said.

"So you have one?" Laurel asked and Winn nodded.

"Did you have one when you worked for Argus?" John asked Oliver, who shook his head.

"No, as far as Waller was concerned, I was expendable and didn't need to be tracked." Oliver said.

"Okay then. So, she would tell the League about this?" Thea asked.

"It couldn't hurt. I will go inform the league to make sure that they don't accidentally destroy any implants she might have on her, since that could be our best chance at finding Darhk and putting Hive in the ground for good." Oliver said and they all nodded.

"What brings you here Oliver?" Maseo asked and it still hurt Oliver that a man he'd once called his friend was still embedded with such a deranged monster.

"I need to speak to Ra's about your latest captive." Oliver said and Maseo nodded as he led Oliver to Ra's.

"What is it Al-Sah-Him." Ra's asked.

"Don't call me that. I made it clear that I have no intention of joining the League." Oliver snarled, since Ra's calling him that brought back memories of a time he'd have rather forgotten.

"Very well, what is it?" Ra's asked.

"Have you found any kind of trackers in Ms. Fayad?" Oliver asked.

"None that I can see, but perhaps you can employ a more advanced solution." Ra's said and Oliver nodded as he pulled out the tracker Winn gave him as Ra's led him to where Fayad was being held and it was clear she already been tortured.

"She has an astounding level of resistance." Ra's said.

"I'm sure she does. Winn did a bit more digging and found that Fayad was a Hive agent embedded in Argus. It's how Darhk got his hands on the idol that gives him his magic. But anyways." Oliver said as he ran the tracker over Fayad until it went off.

"It's embedded in her spinal column. Any attempt to remove it would paralyze her from the waist down if she doesn't die." Oliver said.

"Do we have anymore use of her?" Ra's asked.

"Winn says that we can use the data in her implant to track every place she's been since she arrived in Star City, including wherever Darhk and Hive are operating out of." Oliver said, since while he was still against the League's always using killing as a first resort, he knew that they needed that implant and this was the best way to get it.

"Then, I'll have it extracted and brought back to you." Ra's said and Oliver nodded, since he honestly did not want to see this.