Chapter 63

Shocking twist in the latest episode of Arrow. Blackstarr being Oliver and Felicity's daughter, I guess those theories were correct online. Also, while I'm sad to see Curtis go, I'm honestly not surprised, his role in the show was becoming significantly lessened throughout this season, just like Thea's was last season, so I figured that like Thea, Curtis's role on the show was coming to an end. I'll probably end up using Mia, just not as Felicity's daughter. Take a guess on who's daughter she will be if I bring her in.

"So we're working with the League of Assassins now?" Roy asked after Oliver and Sara told them what they'd learned.

"Guys, if even half of what Nyssa and Ra's told me is true, Darhk maybe the most dangerous thing we've ever faced. We need all the help we can get to stop him." Sara said.

"Maybe more than that." Oliver said as he got off the phone with someone.

"Why?" Laurel asked.

"I just got off the phone with old acquaintance of mine from before I came home. John Constantine. If you guys thought the world was weird with metas, you have no idea until you meet this guy." Oliver said.

"Why what's his deal?" Thea asked.

"Magic." Oliver said bluntly.

"You're kidding right. Magic isn't real." Roy said.

"We used to say that about aliens and than at least two of them showed up, both of them wearing bright red and blue. Trust me, I've seen more than enough to make me a believer." Oliver said.

"Do we even want to know?" Thea asked.

"No. But the point is apparently Darhk is a very powerful mystic who has the ability to literally drain life out of people." Oliver said.

"Okay so, former league member with magic. How do we fight that?" Laurel asked.

"We don't. I do." Oliver said.

"What do you mean?" Laurel asked.

"When I first met Constantine, he gave me this magical tattoo. He told me over the phone that I can use it to channel a way to defend against Darhk's magic and he's already gotten me in touch with someone who can teach me how to do it." Oliver said, even though he already knew how to do it.

"So, are these lessons taking place here?" Laurel asked.

"No. Hub City. I'll be gone for a few days hopefully, the rest of you, keep an eye on the League and focus on finding Darhk. I don't trust Ra's to keep his promise to keep civilians out of danger if he finds Darhk before we do." Oliver said

"Still, I'm sure these lessons can hold off a day, considering I believe you promised me an anniversary." Laurel reminded him.

"Actually, why don't you come with me to Hub City. We can have our anniversary there." Oliver said.

"Huh, that sounds even better, since I get a real trip for our anniversary away from our suits." Laurel said.

"Okay then, it's settled. Laurel and I will go to Hub City tomorrow and the rest of you try and hold the fort here and make sure the league doesn't create a massacre. Sara's leader while we're gone." Oliver said as they all began to move apart, but Thea grabbed her brother's arm real quickly.

"Hey, what about your big plans with Laurel for your anniversary?" Thea asked.

"Why do you think I invited her to come with me Speedy." Oliver said with a smile.

"Huh romantic getaway slash magic quest. You still find ways to keep your relationships interesting Ollie." Thea said and Oliver chuckled.

"I try." Oliver said

The following day, Oliver and Laurel arrived at their hotel in Hub City and Oliver couldn't help but notice the look on Laurel's face.

"Not that I'm complaining about seeing you so happy, but with the smile on your face?" Oliver asked.

"For the first time in a long time I actually almost feel like we're a normal couple. Just two people taking a romantic vacation together instead of seeking out magic lessons. Still can't believe magic is real and I'm a metahuman." Laurel said.

"Trust me, you wouldn't believe the things I've had to wrap my head around over the years. Magic is just the tip of the iceberg." Oliver said, since he's seen super soldiers, metahumans, magic, ressurrections, aliens, other earths, different realities, he's still trying to figure out how his life got so weird.

"I don't think I want to know." Laurel said.

"Trust me, you don't. For your own peace of mind." Oliver said as Laurel walked up to him.

"I still don't understand how you're able to sleep at night with everything you've gone through." Laurel said and Oliver's answer was instantaneous.

"Because you're lying there next to me." Oliver said and Laurel smiled as they kissed.

"Now, we have dinner reservations to get ready for." Oliver said and Laurel smiled, though she had no idea what surprise Oliver had planned for her tonight.