Chapter 26

Black Canary was bored. She felt like Oliver had only given her this job to appease her. There was nothing exciting about Bertinelli's daughter. Or at least, that's what she thought.

"White Canary." Black Canary said as she saw Helena enter some kind of storage unit and she moved closer to take a better look and was surprised at what she saw.

"What is it Black Canary?" White Canary asked over the comms.

"I think you need to get here. Helena Bertinelli is the one attacking her father's business." Black Canary said.

"What, why?" White Canary asked.

"Don't know, but she has a storage locker full of weapons and a chart showing all the members of her father's enterprise that have been killed with their faces exed out. I'm not a vigilante, but my lawyer instincts are telling me she's guilty." Laurel said.

"Okay, I'm on my way." White Canary said.

"I'm not letting her get away." Black Canary said as she moved to take on Helena.

"Helena Bertinelli, you have failed this city." Black Canary said as stood behind him.

"And who are you supposed to be?" Helena asked, not really intimidated by a girl in black leather.

"I'm Black Canary." Black Canary said.

"Well whoever you are, you won't stop me." Helena said.

"I beg to differ." Black Canary said as she moved to engage Helena, who had clearly been taking some self defense classes of her own, since she was a decent match for Black Canary's skills.

It seemed like it would be a fairly close fight when suddenly, something strange and unexpected happened.

Black Canary opened her mouth, but suddenly, instead of words, a loud cry was heard as the force sent Helena flying back and knocked her unconscious.

"How did you do that?" White Canary asked as she approached her sister.

"I have no idea. But we should secure her and tip off dad at the police." Black Canary said, still in shock at what she'd just done, but trying to focus on the task at hand.

"Wait, you did what?" John asked as Laurel and Sara told him and Oliver again what happened.

"You don't seem surprised." Sara said to Oliver.

"I've been keeping tabs on Central City ever since Supergirl showed up and there have been reports of people with strange abilities appearing ever since the explosion. I had suspicions that least one of you were affected by it, but I didn't say anything since I wasn't sure if I was right until now." Oliver explained and Laurel and Sara both nodded in acceptance of that answer.

"We should probably see if Sara was affected to and in the meantime, help Laurel learn to control her new power." John said.

"I think I can help with the training portion." Oliver said, thankful for his experience with Dinah, since now he had a better understanding of the Canary cry ability. Probably one of the few good things that had come out of that mistake, since now that he thought about it, she was probably the reason Team Arrow had failed the first time, since she was the one who'd rallied Curtis and Rene against him after Vince's death.

"Okay then. So, what do we do in the meantime?" Sara asked.

"I'm gonna call Cisco, see if he has any ideas for tech to help you control your powers." Oliver said and the girls nodded as they headed out.

"Got something you'd like to say John?" Oliver asked.

"Oliver, with all four of us out in the field, we could use someone back here, watching our backs." John said.

"I agree. I'm already looking into someone for that role." Oliver said as he showed John Felicity's file.

"Not bad. Why haven't you done it yet?" John asked.

"Because this is a decision that requires the whole team to agree on." Oliver said.

"I get that I guess. After all, the only reason you brought Sara in without consulting us is that she already knew your identity and you and Laurel already trusted her." John said and Oliver nodded.