Chapter 126

"You really seem to have recovered." Oliver said to John with a smile.

"Yeah, thanks for the pep talk. I didn't realize just how badly I needed one." John said and Oliver nodded.

"Everyone needs one now and then." Oliver said.

"Yeah, but before you talked to me, I thought I'd never be willing to get back in the fight again. But you reminded me of who I am." John said.

"So, does that mean that you're going to be rejoining the Corp?" Oliver asked, but to his pleasant surprise, John shook his head.

"No, I'd been wanting to leave the Corp for awhile before the attack, since it was keeping me from going after other things I wanted." John said.

"Like what?" Oliver asked, though he had an idea.

"A wife, a family, stability. Things you've gotten Oliver." John said.

"I'm not sure about stability yet." Oliver said and John laughed.

"You somehow manage to balance being a successful CEO of Queen Consolidated, a great husband to Laurel and the Green Arrow." John said and Oliver smiled.

"Well, it helps that Laurel has a similar schedule, being the mayor, my wife and the Black Canary." Oliver said and John chuckled.

"But you're staying right?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, both in Star City and I'm rejoining Team Arrow." John said.

"Good. But you looking for work?" Oliver asked.

"Maybe, need a new head of security?" John asked.

"No, that's been filled. What I need is a new Vice President I can trust." Oliver said.

"Oliver, I don't know much about running a business." John said.

"Neither do I and yet I seem to be doing an okay job. The important thing is that I need someone I trust as my vice president and there are very few people I trust as much as you." Oliver said.

"I'll think about it." John said.

"That's all I ask. But are you at least going to be putting on your helmet again anytime soon?" Oliver asked.

"Yep." John said and Oliver smiled.

"Good." Oliver said.

That night, Oliver had called a team meeting since there was something really important that they needed to talk about.

"So, why did you call this meeting?" Roy asked as he, Oliver, Laurel, Thea, John and Winn all gathered in the bunker.

"Well first off, I wanted to formally welcome John back to the team, since he's finally decided to put his helmet back on." Oliver said and John smiled.

"And, now more importantly, we have a big announcement to make." Laurel said and now Thea was getting an idea of what it was.

"Well, what is it?" Winn asked.

"I'm pregnant." Laurel said with a smile and Thea immediately rushed over to her sister-in-law.

"Congratulations." Thea said.

"Thank you, but this also means that I'm going to be hanging up my mask for awhile." Laurel said.

"We will cover the city no problem. Your top concern should be protecting my future niece or nephew." Thea said.

"Laurel and I had the same thought. But honestly, this just makes it more important to make sure our mission succeeds. While we've managed to greatly improve Star City, I'm still not sure if it's a city I want to raise my children in." Oliver said.

"And we will save this city Oliver. No matter what." John said.

"Good." Oliver said.

Little note, I don't understand why Oliver and Felicity didn't tell Rene and Dinah about their baby, since isn't part of the whole reason team arrow split is because they kept them in the dark. If they really trusted Rene and Dinah, they would've told them about the baby, instead of having them find out when Star City is post apocalyptic wasteland.