Chapter 115

"Is everything alright?" Oliver asked as the nurse led him and Thea into the maternity ward.

"Everything is fine." the nurse assured them as they reached their mother's room.

The nurse opened the door and both Oliver and Thea smiled when they saw their mother, while she looked tired and sweaty, smiling as she held a small bundle in her arms.

"Aw." Thea said as she rushed up to them and Oliver smiled as he followed them.

"Oliver, Thea, say hello to your new baby brother." Walter said softly so as not to wake the baby.

"It's a boy." Oliver said and Moira nodded.

"Which is actually what we were hoping for." Moira said.

"Why?" Thea asked.

"Because of the name we picked out in the event the baby was a boy, which it is." Walter said.

"Okay then, don't leave us hanging, what's our brother's name?" Thea asked and Moira smiled.

"Robert Lucas Steel." Moira said with a smile.

"Robert." Oliver said.

"I hope you don't mind that we named him after your father." Walter said.

"No, I'm happy about it. It's a nice way to honor dad." Oliver said as he looked down at his little brother's face.

"Well, hopefully, this is the kid you'll raise right and won't have a criminal record." Thea said as she resisted the urge to take her brother from her mother.

"Oh, you two didn't end up too badly after all. I mean Oliver, you're the temporary CEO of Queen Consolidated and you've finally married Laurel, probably the only one of your relationships I've ever approved of." Moira said.

"Something you often voiced whenever you caught me cheating." Oliver said with a chuckle.

"And Thea, you've gone from a juvenile delinquent to a calm, passionate young woman who's actually enlisted in the police force." Moira said and Thea smiled.

"Well, I guess time has a funny way of catching up with you." Thea said.

"I guess so." Oliver agreed.

A few days later, Moira and Walter brought Robert home to the mansion to find Oliver, Thea, Laurel, Roy, Raisa and a few other members of the house staff had set up a small party for them.

"Welcome home." Oliver said as Moira smiled.

"Thank you all for doing this." Walter said.

"Of course, you honestly think we're going let my little brother come into the world without a proper welcoming party?" Thea asked with a smile as Oliver handed both Walter and his mother glasses of champagne.

"To, the newest member of this family." Oliver said.

"Robert Lucas Steele." Moira said.

"Steele, why not Queen?" Roy asked curiously.

"Because we wanted him to take his father's name." Moira said and Roy nodded.

"Well anyways, welcome Robert." Oliver said as they all sipped their champagne and Oliver was very glad that Laurel hadn't developed a drinking problem in this reality.

"I have missed the taste of champagne." Moira said with a smile.

"So Walter, when exactly will you be back at the company?" Oliver asked and Walter looked at Moira, who nodded.

"Well, this wasn't exactly when I'd planned to announce it, but I guess now I will." Walter said.

"Announce what?" Thea asked.

"Well, neither Moira or I are as young as we once were. In fact, it's amazing we were even able to have a child." Walter said and now Oliver felt like he had an idea of where this was going.

"Yeah so?" Thea asked.

"Well, I've actually decided to retire in order to spend more time with my family. And it looks like Queen Consolidated will be in very good hands anyways Oliver, since your father always wanted you to run the company and I think you're ready." Walter said.

"You sure about this?" Oliver asked.

"I am. This is what I think is best for our family." Walter said.

"Then I support you and I'll make sure the board does to." Oliver said.

"Thank you Oliver." Walter said.

"Who knows, maybe the next time we have a party like this will be for you two." Thea said to Oliver and Laurel.

"Probably, but not for awhile I hope." Laurel said.

"I thought you wanted kids?" Moira asked, a little put off at the thought of not getting grandchildren.

"We didn't say never, just we're in no rush to enter that phase, since we haven't even been married a year yet. Besides, I need to settle in to running QC full time, which will be easier if I'm not also dealing with a pregnant wife." Oliver said.

"He's not wrong." Laurel said and Moira chuckled and nodded in understanding.

"Just don't wait too long to have children." Moira said as Oliver put his arm around his wife.

"Don't worry, we won't. But we're not rushing into either. When the time is right, we'll know." Oliver said as he and Laurel quickly kissed before they went back to enjoying the party.