Chapter 19

When Oliver arrived at Nanda Parbat, he found the League's guards waiting for him.

"One warning. Turn back or be killed." one of the league said, only to have Oliver throw Malcolm down at their feet.

"I need to have words with Ra's al Ghul regarding with his former warrior." Oliver said and the League looked stunned, unsure of what to do.

"Let him pass." A familiar voice said and Oliver saw Maseo looking at him, a bit of amusement on his face.

"What are you doing here Oliver?" Sarab asked.

"Malcolm had plans to violate the League's principles, I came here to ensure he faces justice for those actions." Oliver said and Sarab nodded.

"I will take you both to Ra's al Ghul so he may hear you out." Sarab agreed and Oliver nodded as he shoved Malcolm forward, since now that they'd left the city and Malcolm was most likely going to die, it didn't matter if he knew Oliver's identity.

"What happened to you Oliver?" Malcolm asked.

"Everything I am is because of what you did. And now you're finally going to suffer for it." Oliver said they entered the throne room and Oliver heard a gasp and he turned to see Sara Lance standing near the throne.

"Ollie?" Sara asked.

"Sara, you're alive." Oliver said, shocked as Malcolm also looked at her in shock.

"Yeah, the League rescued me after the Amazo. They saved me and I swore my allegiance to them." Sara said and Oliver could tell that she wanted a way out of the League now as much as she did the first time, and hopefully, he was about to provide her with that.

"What do you want Oliver Queen?" Ra's asked Oliver.

"Your former warrior Malcolm Merlyn has disgraced the League." Oliver said as he played Malcolm's confession for him and Ra's looked furious.

"You dare break our code Al Sah Her. You know you never would've gotten away with this." Ra's demanded.

"Those people deserve to suffer for what happened to my wife." Malcolm said.

"Those people are innocent. We don't take lives without purpose." Ra's said angrily.

"I stopped him for you and brought him to you, since you're the one who'd probably have the most reason to kill him." Oliver said and Ra's nodded.

"I thank you for this Oliver Queen." Ra's said.

"But, he comes at a price." Oliver said and Ra's didn't even look surprised.

"As all things of value do. So tell me, what do you want in exchange for him?" Ra's asked.

"Sara's freedom. She should be allowed to choose her own path." Oliver said and Ra's considered for a moment. He'd always known that the day would come when he'd have to release Sara from his service and it appeared that day had come.

Sara looked at Ra's hopefully, since if she was given the opportunity to leave the League, she would take it.

"Very well Oliver Queen. I can sense the division that lies within Ta-er al-Sahfer between her ability to kill and her desire to show mercy. And while she has served me well, there is no place within the League for so conflicted." Ra's said, ignoring his daughter's shocked look as he turned to Sara.

"Ta-er al-Sahfer, I release you. You may reclaim your previous name and your past life." Ra's said.

"Thank you my liege." Sara said, relieved that she was finally free.

Oliver smiled, since Laurel and Quentin were never going to believe this.

"Sara, come on, I'll take you home." Oliver said as they left Malcolm at Ra's mercy and walked out.

"What are my family going to say when they see me again." Sara asked.

"Well, Laurel and I patched things up and while she might be angry at first, she'll be happy to see you and your dad will be relieved you're alive." Oliver assured her.

"And my mom?" Sara asked.

"I don't know, she left your family after the accident." Oliver said.

"Great, one more thing to feel bad about." Sara said.

"Come on, I have a lot to bring you up to speed on and I'll do it on the flight back." Oliver said and Sara nodded.

"Hey, think we can get me some real clothes on the way back?" Sara asked, since she was still wearing her league gear.

"No problem." Oliver said with a smile as they made it to the outside of Nanda Parbat, neither of them planning on ever returning again.

So, Sara's back and she's heading home. Sorry if this feels a little early, but I thought Sara coming home would be the perfect Christmas present for her family.