Chapter 70

"Mina Fayad, put your hands up." Green Arrow shouted as he and Green Lantern crashed through the roof of the complex Winn had tracked her to.

"Funny, neither of you look like cops to me." Fayad said as she turned to face them to find Green Arrow holding up his bow and and Green Lantern holding up a glowing ring in front of her.

"Don't move." Green Lantern shouted.

"Funny, I was going to say the same thing to you." Fayad said.

"You and what army." Green Lantern asked and Green Arrow wanted to smack him, since if there was one thing he'd learned over the years, it was that you never asked that question, as soon as you did.

Suddenly, about two dozen ghosts appeared out of nowhere, led by another familiar face to Green Arrow.

"This army." Fayad said.

"Never ask that question. I swear, that's hero 101." Green Arrow said and Green Lantern sighed.

"Noted. I'm still learning here." Green Lantern said.

"So, an army against two freaks in green. I like my odds." Double Down said, right as a sonic scream pierced the air as Black Canary, Frostbite and Arsenal joined the party.

"Sorry we're late." Frostbite said.

"Better late than never." Green Arrow said.

"So what's the plan boss?" Black Canary asked.

"You all die. That's the plan." Double down said as he threw his tattoo playing cards at them.

"He's a meta." Green Lantern said.

"Green Lantern and I will deal with the meta. Frostbite, secure Fayad, we need her alive, Arsenal, Canary, take these soldiers down." Green Arrow said and they all nodded as they moved out.

"Oh, it's cute that you think you can take me." Double Down said.

"We don't just think it idiot. We're gonna do it." Green Lantern said as he used his power ring to blast him backwards.

"That was easy." Green Arrow said and Green Lantern nodded as they moved to help take down the Ghosts.

Fayad had almost made it to the door when suddenly ice blocked it.

"You're not going anywhere Ms. Fayad. You have information we need." Frostbite said.

"You honestly think I'd risk all my security on that pompous Double Down. I made sure I have a failsafe. Especially for dealing with you." Fayad said.

"And what might that be?" Frostbite asked, right as she was hit from behind by what she immediately recognized as a cold blast and turned to see her bastard father standing there.

"First Church, now Hive, you really are going for the award for worst father of the year." Frostbite groaned as she got to her feet.

"Come now dear. I know that there's a part of you that wants this to. Stop fighting me and join us. We can be a family at last." Icicle said.

"You're not my family. All you are is a pain in my ass." Frostbite said as she summoned an ice dagger.

"You really want to do this?" Icicle asked.

"Unless you'd rather fly away." Frostbite said, but first, she put one hand behind her back and froze Fayad to the ground.

"Can't have you running away now can we?" Frostbite as she turned her attention back towards her father, who summoned his dagger.

"Let's do this shall we." Icicle said.

"Let's." Frostbite agreed as the two began fighting.

"Never thought I'd say this, but where's the League when you need them." Black Canary asked as suddenly several league agents burst into the building.

"Well, they've got timing, that's for sure." Green Arrow said as the remainder of the Ghosts were finished off with ease, but then he noticed an icy figure flying away again.

"What was that?" Green Lantern asked.

"I have a hunch, I just hope I'm wrong." Green Arrow said.

"The prisoner is still secured." a league member said.

"Take her to Ra's. We can't risk her learning our bases location or our identities." Green Arrow said and the member nodded as the League went to take Fayad to their leader.