Chapter 151

"Mr. and Mrs. Queen, Mr. Constantine, I was surprised to get your call." Rip said as he welcomed the three of them and Jasmine on board the Waverider.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice." Oliver said.

"My pleasure, but what is going on?" Rip asked.

"Can we please discuss this with your whole team. Specifically Zari." Oliver said, much to Rip's surprise.

"Okay then." Rip said as he told Gideon to call a team meeting on the bridge.

"Oliver, Laurel, what brings you guys aboard?" Ray asked.

"More importantly, who's this little cutie." Zari asked as she looked at Jasmine.

"Our daughter." Laurel said as Zari immediately went to pick the baby up from Laurel's arms.

"She's adorable." Ray said.

"Thank you and she's also why we're here." Oliver said.

"What do you mean?" Nate asked, wondering why they'd bring a newborn onto a timeship.

"Hunter, you're an ex time master right?" Constantine asked.

"Yes, why?" Rip asked.

"You ever heard the name Mallus?" Constantine asked.

"Only in hushed whispers at the Vanishing Point. All I know about him is that he's an evil demon so great that the time master dared not speak his name out loud." Rip said.

"Well, allow me to fill in the blanks. Mallus is a powerful demon who was imprisoned within time itself by the original totem bearers of Zambezi." Constantine said.

"Wait, people like me?" Zari asked.

"Yes, your totem, combined with 5 others, imprisoned the demon in time. That's the reason the time masters were set up in the first place, to ensure that the timeline never grows weak enough that the demon can escape." Constantine said.

"Too bad they became corrupt." Rip grumbled.

"Yes well, when your old playmate Vandal Savage destroyed the time masters, he inadvertently began weakening the timeline." Constantine said.

"What do you mean?" Ray asked.

"While this crew of yours is adequate, you're only one crew and without the time masters, temporal changes are committed faster than you can repair them. The prison has already begun to weaken." John said.

"How do you know?" Rip asked.

"Because the demon has set his sights on Jasmine." Oliver said, much to their shock.

"Wait, what?" Zari asked as she looked down at the baby girl in her arms.

"He wants to turn Oliver's daughter into his vessel when she gets old enough that he can possess her. Right now her soul is too young and pure, so even if he wasn't trapped, he wouldn't be able to touch her yet." John said.

"Keyword being yet. We need to stop him before he has a chance to use her." Laurel said.

"So how do we do that?" Ray asked.

"It's simple, the totems defeated him once before, they can do it again. We need to go to Zambezi, the home of the original totems." Oliver said.

"You heard him Gideon. Set a course for the M'Changa Province of Zambezi, 2017." Rip said.

"Right away captain." Gideon said.

After they arrived in Zambezi, it was decided that Zari should be one of the people who should go, since the presence of a totem bearer should help make the people in then village more willing to trust the outsiders.

That was why Zari, Oliver and Constantine were cautiously walking into the village of the last great tribe of Zambezi.

"Why do I feel like the new kid in school." Zari asked.

"Because the people here aren't really used to outsiders mate." Constantine said.

"Speaking of which." Oliver said two familiar people to him got in their way (I'm not sure if Oliver still met Mari and Kuasa in the old reality after the timeline change, but for the sake of this story, he did).

"Halt. Who are you and why are you here?" Mari Jiwe asked as she and her sister Kuasa stood tall in front of them, the spirit totem hanging from Mari's neck.

"We're not here to harm anyone. We need your help." Oliver said.

"And why should we trust you?" Kuasa asked.

"Because I'm one of you. Not of Zambezi, but of something far more valuable." Zari said as she took off and held out her totem for Mari and Kuasa to see.

"Wait, is that?" Mari asked.

"The Air Totem." Zari said.

"How did you get that?" Kuasa asked.

"It's been in my family for generations, just like the spirit totem has been passed down through yours." Zari said and Mari and Kuasa both lightened up a bit.

"So what brings you here?" Kuasa asked.

"My name is Oliver Queen and I need your help." Oliver said.

"With what?" Mari asked.

"Maybe we should discuss this somewhere else. Is there somewhere more private we can talk?" Constantine asked.

"Come with us." Mari said as she led them further into the village with Kuasa pulling up the rear, still skeptical of the motives of their out of town guests.