Chapter 108

Brick had made contact with Rene at City Hall later on that day and now he, along with Lance, Roy and several other cops were meeting with Brick and Roy had stressed it to the team not to show up, since doing so would put the aldermen in danger, since Brick had made it clear that if he so much as spotted the tiniest trace of a mask, he'd have all the aldermen killed.

"Okay Mr. Brickwell, I'm here, what do you want." Rene asked.

"See, now this is why I waited until the mayor was gone. Laurel Lance never would've negotiated with me, but you, Mr. Ramirez, are better at understanding how these things work." Brick said.

"Enough. Tell us what you want." Roy said.

"Fine. It's simple really, you have 24 hours to have all police officers evacuate the Glades." Brick said.

"And if we don't?" Rene asked.

"Then those aldermen never get to go home." Brick said as he and his crew walked away.

Roy and Quentin moved to stop them, but Rene put his hands up to stop them.

"No, don't. We can't put those innocent lives in danger. Captain, order the recall." Rene said.

"You can't be serious." Quentin said.

"I don't like this anymore than you do, but I'm not willing to risk the safety and lives of those aldermen in case we can't find them before Brick's deadline. Besides, it's not like the Glades will be totally defenseless." Rene said and both Roy and Quentin caught the meaning of that.

"So, you're a vigilante supporter." Roy said.

"Call them what they are Detective Harper." Rene said.

"And that is?" Roy asked.

"They're heroes and I'm not the only member of this city who shares that opinion. Now, go back to the SCPD and see if you can get a message to them, since until those aldermen are found, we can't do anything." Rene said.

"Copy that sir." Quentin said as Rene walked over to his car.

"I'll head back to the bunker and see what they can work up. Hopefully Winn has a lead by now." Roy said.

"Let's hope so. Though it is nice to know that our deputy mayor is a vigilante supporter." Quentin said.

"Especially since he works for one." Roy said.

"Yep. Let me know if you get anything. I need to head back to the precinct and do what the mayor says. I just hope it works out alright." Quentin said.

"I'm sure it will. But when Laurel finds out, let's try and pin the blame for all this on Rene." Roy said.

"That was the plan." Quentin agreed, since they both knew Laurel would not be happy about the city caving to Brick.

"I can't believe my dad just caved like that." Sara said after Roy had told them what happened.

"He didn't, but Rene didn't give him much choice about it. Apparently the deputy mayor has a lot of faith in vigilantes to leave the Glades under our protection. But Winn, any luck tracking the aldermen?" Roy asked.

"Actually, I just got a location." Winn said.

"How?" Sara asked.

"It turns out one of the aldermen has a pacemaker, which I just used to track it. But that does mean that we're on a bit more of a clock, since it isn't recharged soon, we'll lose an alderman anyway." Winn said.

"Where are they?" Tommy asked.

"The Glades Precinct." Winn said.

"Well it's not like the police ever really used it." Roy mumbled.

"Suit up. We need to hit them hard before Brick has a chance to retaliate." Sara said as she, Thea and Roy moved to suit up.

"Tommy, you're suiting up." Sara said and Tommy nodded as he looked up at the center mannequin and wondered if he really deserved to wear the suit on it. Or more specifically, the hood.