Chapter 23

"Nice work." Cisco said to Oliver and Kara as they met up at his apartment.

"Yep, the thinking cap is destroyed." Oliver said.

"But what's to stop DeVoe from building another one?" Kara asked.

"It wasn't him who built it, it was his wife who did it and Marlize turned on her husband when she realized what he really wanted." Cisco said.

"So, you want to break them up earlier?" Kara asked.

"Essentially yes. Honestly, DeVoe tried to change Marlize from an optimist into a pessimist like him. She deserves better." Cisco explained.

"I'll see if I can help you then." Kara said.

"Look, I wish you the best of luck, but I think I'm going to head home. Laurel and Sara decided they want to stay for the accelerator turning on, but I got my fill of being a metahuman from Elseworlds." Oliver said.

"Wait, I just thought of something, doesn't Thawne have this place under surveillance?" Kara asked.

"Don't worry, the first thing I did when I became aware of this new reality was get his Gideon to send false footage from here, so we're good." Cisco assured them.

"Nice. But anyways, I wish you the best of luck and Kara, think about what I said when we first met in this reality. And also, I think Central City is going to end up needing you soon." Oliver said and Kara nodded, causing Cisco to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Hey, any chance we'll end up getting two canaries with a sonic cry?" Cisco asked Oliver.

"I certainly wouldn't mind if that happened." Oliver admitted, since both Laurel and Sara having sonic cries could be very helpful, assuming Sara stuck around this time.

"See you guys soon." Oliver said as he moved to leave.

"So, Ollie's sure he doesn't want to watch the accelerator turn on?" Sara asked Laurel as she got off the phone with him.

"Apparently he could only spare the weekend here in Central City. He needed to get to oversee his club's construction and he didn't think it was a good idea to leave Star City without it's protector for too long. Not to mention his Christmas party which I promised we would be back in time for, since you're the guest of honor." Laurel said.

"We'll be back after the accelerator turns on. They say it will change the world." Sara said.

"Maybe. Let's just hope that change is for the better." Laurel said and Sara nodded.

"I'm gonna go hit the town. I'll be back later." Sara said and Laurel nodded as she watched Sara leave.

Sara was currently sitting in a bar, having a drink of scotch when she noticed a very attractive young woman sitting next to her.

"Hey, you look like you're trying to make something go away." Sara said to the woman.

"Yeah, I just got out of a serious relationship." the woman said.

"Wow, what happened, you catch him cheating?" Sara asked.

"Her and yes. I thought we could build a life together, but she seemed to be looking for a way to bolt." the woman said.

"I'm sorry, I think we've been drinking a bit too much to consider sharing this much without at least telling each other our names." Sara said.

"Fair point." the woman said.

"I'm Sara Lance." Sara said, holding out her hand to the other woman.

"I'm Alex Danvers." Alex said, shaking her hand.

"So, I've told you my story, you're turn." Alex said.

"Just came back from the dead a few days ago. I was visiting my mom with my sister and thought I'd see what passed for fun around here." Sara said

"Interesting. Sounds like we had different intentions when we came here tonight." Alex said and Sara smiled.

"Well, doesn't mean we can't have some fun together." Sara said.

"I guess not." Alex said, wondering if she was ready to put herself back out there so soon, but honestly, it was probably the alcohol talking, but she was thinking to hell with it.

Yes, this will eventually turn into Agent Canary, since I do ship that pairing.