Chapter 107

The next day, Roy was surprised to find the entire precinct in chaos when he arrived.

"Captain, what's going on?" Roy asked Lance when he saw him.

"I was beginning to wonder if I'd need to go to your base and tell you there. I keep forgetting you're a cop." Quentin said.

"What's going on?" Roy asked.

"That attack you and Thea stopped last night while Sara was out of town getting back up, it was a diversion." Quentin said.

"What happened?" Roy asked, filled with dread.

"While you guys were protecting deputy mayor Ramirez from the ambush Brick's men tried to spring on her, he and his cronies abducted four aldermen." Quentin said and Roy went cold with dread.

"That's why he wasn't there himself. Any casualties?" Roy asked.

"Not yet. But I don't want to chance it." Quentin said.

"Send Winn every detail you can about the captured aldermen. Even tiniest thing could be useful." Roy said.

"I'll get on it. What Sara, is she back?" Quentin asked.

"She is and she's brought help. Tommy's here with a few members of the League. They're already searching for Brick. I'll bring the others up to speed on this." Roy said and Quentin nodded.

"I was really hoping that we could avoid these sort of things at least until Oliver and Laurel got back." Quentin said.

"You and me both. But can we both agree not to tell them about this, since we both know they're likely to cut their honeymoon short to come back and deal with this. Laurel as the mayor and Oliver as the Green Arrow." Roy said, that last part softly so no one else would hear it.

"Agreed. Let's hope we can wrap this up before they do get back." Quentin said and Roy nodded.

Sara and Tommy were sparring in the bunker, since aside from Oliver, Tommy was the only one who could give her a decent challenge while Thea practiced the salmon ladder and Winn worked at his station, right as Thea noticed her phone ringing with Roy's ringtone.

"Hey, what's up?" Thea asked.

"It turns out last night was a diversion. While we and the cops were busy protecting Rene from Brick's troops, he was busy also abducting 4 aldermen." Roy said as Thea then put him on speaker phone.

"You're on speaker." Thea said as Tommy, Winn and Sara joined her.

"Any idea on where they are now?" Sara asked.

"None. You're dad is sending everything they've got on the aldermen to Winn, maybe you can help find something they can't." Roy said.

"I'm on it." Winn said.

"I'll send word to my scouts to start looking for them as well." Tommy said.

"Good. We're still waiting to hear from Brick, since he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of doing this if he didn't have demands." Roy said.

"We'll start looking here and we'll let you know if we get anything." Sara said.

"Copy." Roy said as he hung up.

"Okay, now in addition to finding Brick, we need to find the aldermen he kidnapped." Sara said.

"I'll go inform my scouts of this development, though it would be easier if we knew which aldermen were taken." Tommy said.

"I just got that info." Winn said as he received the data from Captain Lance.

"Huh, it looks like one of those alderman was a familiar face." Winn said.

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"What I mean is that one of the captives is Laurel's former mayoral competitor, Sebastian Blood." Winn said.