Chapter 53

To say Oliver was surprised was an understatement. He'd assumed that Thea's father was still Malcolm Merlyn, but it turns out when he'd changed reality, he'd changed Thea's father to. Though now that he thought about this explained her powers. His best guess was that Thomas had either treated himself before he had his affair with his mother or that he'd at some point given Thea the same procedure in the past.

"Mom, I'm just curious, when Thea was little, did she ever have any procedures done?" Oliver asked and Thea looked at him confused.

"Yes. One of my biggest concerns when Thea was born was that she'd inherit her father's ALS. The complications that followed her birth only increased those fears." Moira said.

"Wait, I was born with ALS?" Thea asked, scared that she was dying.

"Thea, do you really think your father and I would let you suffer like that. You're father didn't know how you carried the marker for it, but we both began searching for treatment options and eventually, we came across an experimental procedure that could theoretically freeze the progression of the disease. It had already been performed before and the patient survived, so your father and I arranged to have to have the treatment administered as quickly as possible and it worked. You were healthy and actually Thea, you never got sick again. I mean, you still had some broken bones and injuries, but your immune system was impressive." Moira said.

"So, not only am I a bastard child, you also had me experimented on when I just a baby?" Thea asked.

"Thea, I didn't tell you about your father because I didn't want you to feel any less loved. And we didn't tell you about the treatment because we didn't want to worry you unnecessarily. The procedure worked and you grew up happy and healthy. That's what's important." Moira said.

"I know and mom, I do understand why you didn't tell me, but still, Ollie, can I stay with you and Laurel for a bit while I wrap my head around this?" Thea asked and Oliver looked at his mother, who nodded and Oliver then nodded as well.

"Of course Speedy." Oliver said.

"Is there anything else you want to ask me?" Moira asked.

"I think that's enough for today. We've had enough surprises already." Oliver said, for while he still wanted answers, he knew that Thea needed time to adapt to what she'd just learned.

"So, how'd it go?" Laurel asked.

"Well, my mom confirmed she did pay off Samantha, but she also told us something even more shocking." Oliver said, since even he was surprised, since he'd known that Thea was only his half sister, he'd been surprised by who her father was.

"What?" Roy asked as they all turned to Thea.

"She told me that Robert Queen is not my biological father." Thea said.

"Wait, Moira had an affair?" Sara asked.

"Apparently our dad was not a faithful husband to her and eventually mom had enough and she decided to retaliate with a scientist named Thomas Snow." Oliver said.

"The same name she paid a lot of money to." Laurel said.

"Apparently that was just money to help support his research." Thea said and Laurel sighed in relief, since at least that wouldn't be damaging to her campaign.

"Wow, that's intense." Roy said and Thea nodded.

"Thea, I know this is hard for you." Oliver said.

"You have no idea what I'm going through. At least you knew who both of your parents really are. Mom lied to me for years." Thea said as her eyes began to get frosty.

"Thea, you need to calm down, you're losing control." Oliver said as Thea noticed.

"Where did these powers come from anyways? I wasn't in Central City when the accelerator blew, so how am I meta?" Thea asked.

"I don't know, but I think maybe it's time we start looking for answers to that." Oliver said.

"How? We don't even know where to start." Thea said.

"Well, mom said that Thomas used cryogenics to try and freeze his ALS. Maybe we could start there." Oliver said.

"We could ask Caitlin to look over your dad's old research, since he's also her dad." Laurel said.

"Right, suddenly I also have a big sister. Not sure how I'm going to tell her that." Thea said.

"Well, we don't have to tell her tonight." Oliver said before changing the subject.

"Anyways, did you guys check out that warehouse?" Oliver asked and Sara and Roy nodded.

"I couldn't believe what I saw inside." Sara said.

"Why, what was it?" Laurel asked.

"It was the remains of the Queen's Gambit." Sara said.