Chapter 131

Kazumi had just finished getting moved back into her old apartment, since Oliver had generously given her access to enough funds to replace her furniture that had been destroyed by the fire, since her insurance hadn't covered much, when there was a knock on the door.

Kazumi checked and opened the door to find her daughter on the other end.

"Oh thank god you're alive." Emiko said as she hugged her mother.

"Of course I'm alive. Why wouldn't I be?" Kazumi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I heard about the fire." Emiko said.

"While you were on the other side of the world doing god knows what. Emiko, you know I don't approve of what you've been doing." Kazumi said.

"I didn't have much choice if I wanted to provide for you." Emiko said.

"You don't have to do that anymore. Besides, someone else helped me when you weren't even on this continent." Kazumi said.

"Who?" Kazumi asked.

"Two someones actually. First, the Green Arrow saved me from the fire." Kazumi said.

"He did." Emiko said, thinking that she should using her resources to discover his identity.

"And then, your brother of all people, showed up at the hotel I was staying at and basically began trying to make up for what Robert did to us. He's the one who made it possible for me to get this place back." Kazumi said.

"What? How can you trust him?" Emiko asked.

"Because he was here when you weren't. The son of the man who abandoned us was here for me when my own daughter wasn't." Kazumi said.

"You can't trust him. He will toss you aside like dad did." Emiko said.

"Except I'm not dad." Oliver said as he walked up.

"Oliver, what brings you here?" Kazumi asked pleasantly, to Emiko's shock.

"Because the last time we spoke, there was something I didn't tell you because I didn't want to overwhelm you." Oliver said and Emiko looked smug.

"Told you." Emiko said.

"Well, who are you?" Oliver asked.

"Oh, sorry. Oliver, this is my daughter, your sister, Emiko." Kazumi said.

"Nice to meet you." Oliver said politely, but Emiko scoffed at him.

"What was it you wanted to tell me?" Kazumi asked.

"It's something that neither of you can tell anyone. The only reason I'm telling you is because, whether you think it or not, you are family." Oliver said.

"And what is it?" Emiko asked.

"I'm the Green Arrow." Oliver said.

"What, you're the Green Arrow?" Emiko asked skeptically.

"Long story, but yes. That's how I know that the fire was no accident." Oliver said and now Kazumi understood.

"You're the one who saved me from the fire." Kazumi said.

"And more importantly, the person who tried to shoot you." Oliver said.

"Wait what?" Emiko asked.

"When I arrived in the apartment, I managed to knock your mother to the ground in enough time to dodge a bullet that would've killed her if I hadn't interfered." Oliver said.

"You really are him." Kazumi said and Oliver nodded as Emiko looked at Oliver in a new light.

"You saved my mother's life." Emiko said.

"To be fair, I didn't realize who she was until after, but I would've helped her all the same. Besides, I owed her and you for what dad did to you." Oliver said.

"We'll keep your secret won't we." Kazumi said, looking pointedly at her daughter, who nodded.

"You saved my mother's life. The least I can do is keep your secret. Besides, maybe you can help me figure out who tried to kill my mother." Emiko said.

"Maybe. But what exactly can you do?" Oliver asked.

"Unlike you, your sister is involved in much more lucrative affairs." Kazumi said.

"Because I was trying to support you after Robert abandoned us." Emiko said.

"What sort of affairs?" Oliver asked.

"An organization called the Ninth Circle." Emiko said.