Chapter 48

"So, John's gone?" Thea asked as Oliver told the team about John's decision.

"Yeah, but come on guys, an opportunity like this, could we honestly expect him to turn this down. Besides, I think he was beginning to feel a bit lost in all our firepower." Oliver said.

"Of course not, I mean this Green Lantern thing, it sounds incredible. Any of us would've taken that offer." Laurel said and Thea, Winn, Roy and Sara all nodded in agreement.

"Besides, we've got enough muscle to handle things here without him." Oliver said.

"Well, I hate to change the subject, but Oliver, we need to get going, since we're meeting with my new campaign manager today." Laurel said and Oliver nodded as they headed out.

"I'm Alex Davis, it's nice to meet you both in person." Alex said as he shook Oliver and Laurel's hands.

"You to. So, let's get this meeting started shall we." Laurel said and Alex nodded.

"Honestly I think that the first thing we need to do is address what is probably the biggest threat to your campaign." Alex said.

"And that would be?" Laurel asked.

"Him." Alex said, nodding at Oliver.

"Me?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, I mean, let's face it, I'm sure your family has some shady things in it's past and now your relationship can cause those things to be reflected on Laurel's candidacy. I mean you weren't exactly a faithful boyfriend to her before." Alex said.

"Okay, so, what do you recomend?" Laurel asked.

"Try putting some distance between each other. If there's no relationship then those actions can't be used against Laurel." Alex said.

"You want us to break up?" Oliver asked.

"Not an option. I'm pretty sure that my dating Oliver is the only reason Queen Consolidated is financing my campaign and I think that the fact that I'm willing to forgive Oliver for his many transgressions may be seen as a positive thing. If I was going to break up with him, I never would've taken him back to begin with. We're in this together." Laurel said and Alex sighed.

"Okay then. Oliver, can you at least talk to your family, go through the old records and try and catch anything incriminating before the press or any future opponents do?" Alex asked.

"I will head to the mansion after this meeting and talk to my mom about that very thing. The fewer skeletons we have in the closet the better." Oliver said, since he knew that they'd get through the election without anyone's identity being compromised, since he had.

"Okay then, also, you should talk to your sister Sara." Alex said.

"Why, is it because she's bisexual?" Laurel asked.

"No, that's actually something we can use to our advantage, since having a member of your family who's bi can help you appeal to that portion of the community. No I'm talking about the fact that your sister went through the same thing as your boyfriend, though slightly different experiences. You should make sure that there isn't anything there we don't want people to know about." Alex said and Laurel nodded as they continued on with the meeting.

After the meeting, Oliver headed over to the mansion.

"Oliver, what a nice surprise." Moira said as she hugged her son.

"Hi mom. I'm actually here to help with Laurel's campaign." Oliver said.

"How so?" Moira asked.

"Her campaign manager says that since Laurel and I are dating, the mistakes of our family could end up reflecting back on her. I came here to see if we could find any skeletons in the closets to get rid of before the press finds them." Oliver said and he could tell that he'd made his mother uncomfortable, since while he already knew about Thea, he also knew that she had other secrets that he was probably about to learn, since there was a chance he'd also learn more secrets about his father.