Chapter 7

Oliver had just finished paying Grell the first half of the money as promised when he heard the elevator open.

Since he'd already sent John home for the night, Oliver was wondering who it could be, preparing to ward off more attackers, but to his relief, it was only Cisco and he had a few cases with him.

"Sorry, would've called ahead, but wasn't sure if you'd take my call." Cisco said and Oliver nodded.

"Is it done?" Oliver asked.

"See for yourself." Cisco said, proudly placed a case down and opening it to reveal Oliver's Green Arrow suit, complete with a mask and hood.

"And the other cases?" Oliver asked.

"This one has your bow, the other one has your new quiver. I made some upgrades." Cisco said as Oliver took the bow from it's case.

"Nice to know you got the balance right." Oliver said as he tested it out.

"I also brought my tools so I can modify your apartment to hide the suit." Cisco said.

"Good. In the meantime while you do that, I'm going to start putting this gear to good use." Oliver said.

"Who you hitting first?" Cisco asked.

"Jason Brodeur. There's an innocent man that's suffering because of him." Oliver said, thinking of Peter Declan.

"Good luck. Oh and Oliver, you should know, while I was in Central City, I tracked down William and Samantha." Cisco said, much to Oliver's surprise.

"What?" Oliver asked.

"I thought that you might like to know that you still have a son in this reality." Cisco said.

"Thank you Cisco. But don't tell anyone about William. If there's one thing I learned from the old reality it's that he's better off without me in his life. Whether I like it or not." Oliver said.

"So you're just going to let him grow up without his father?" Cisco asked.

"The life I've chosen, it's one that William can never become a part of. I feel bad enough he got dragged into it once before, I don't intend to let it happen again." Oliver said.

"Don't you think a boy needs his father?" Cisco asked.

"Not this father. Besides, William has already ended up in Chase's crosshairs, I have no intention on him being dragged into Slade's to. Which reminds me, do you remember the mirakuru cure?" Oliver asked.

"I can start working on it when I get back. The accelerator will be ready soon and then hell will be unleashed on the world." Cisco said.

"At least the world already has a Superman to help it. And hopefully soon, a Supergirl." Oliver said, since in this new reality, Superman had been active for years already and Kara had yet to become Supergirl.

"Yeah, once the labs are deserted, I can begin working on tracking down Caitlin's father to." Cisco said.

"Good luck. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a city to save." Oliver said as he moved to change into his suit.

Oliver moved straight to Matt Istook, capturing him and taking him to the train tracks.

"What do you want?" Istook asked.

"Camille Declan. She told you she had incriminating information against Jason Brodeur and not only let her get killed, but you also denied any knowledge of this and let the blame of Camille's murder fall onto her husband." Green Arrow said and he had to admit he'd kind of missed being able to use this kind of intimidation.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Istook said and Green Arrow just sighed.

"Your lies have put Peter Declan on death row. Now, you can either tell the truth, or catch the 10:15 train to Bludhaven. Your choice. And I'd think quickly if I were you." Green Arrow said.

"Okay. Okay. Brodeur paid me to say that Camille never spoke to me. But I didn't have anything to do with her death." Istook said as they heard the train start to approach.

"Oh, God. Please let me go. I'll do anything. You can have the file." Istook said, practically begging, not knowing that Green Arrow had already taken it.

"What file?" Green Arrow demanded, knowing he had to let the timeline play out as close to the original as he could right now.

"Camille gave me a file of evidence against Jason Brodeur." Istook said.

"Where is it? And remember, you're not in a position to negotiate." Green Arrow said, making it clear that the only way he was getting out of this was by telling him what he wanted to know.

"Uh, it's in my desk! The file, it's in my desk at the office! You can have it! Get me out of here!" Istook said and Green Arrow wasted no time in cutting Istook free with an arrow.

"By the way, I recorded your confession. Hope you enjoy prison." Green Arrow said, wishing he'd done that before, since Istook had aided in Brodeur's toxic waste dumping and had stayed quiet about Camille Declan's murder. He deserved prison. Oliver's time in Slabside may have made him realize that the world wasn't as black and white as he once thought, but there were people he'd sent to prison who deserved to be there. Matt Istook was one of them.

Now he had to figure out how to get the information to Laurel, since he hadn't quite established his reputation as a vigilante yet.