Chapter 141

Laurel's maternity leave had started at City Hall since she was getting closer to her due date and the closer she got to it, the more anxious she got.

"Ollie, can we talk?" Laurel asked.

"I've hated every time you've said those words but yeah." Oliver said and Laurel rolled her eyes.

"Relax, unlike every other time I've said those words, we are married and I am pregnant with your child. Don't worry, this is not anything bad." Laurel said.

"Then what is it?" Oliver asked.

"I think we should move." Laurel said.

"What?" Oliver asked.

"This penthouse, it's nice, but when I pictured having a kid, I don't know, I guess I always thought that I'd raise them in." Laurel said.

"An actual house, with a yard and maybe a white picket fence." Oliver asked with a smile.

"Very funny Ollie, but not entirely. I don't want a white picket fence, but yes, I was hoping that we'd have a real house to raise our family in. With a backyard and a real basement. I mean, this place is nice, but I can't deny that I'm a bit nervous about what happens when our kid is old enough to know how to use the elevator." Laurel said and Oliver understood that concern.

"Okay then, I guess we're going house hunting." Oliver said.

"No mansions." Laurel said.

"Agreed." Oliver said.

"Should we do it now?" Laurel asked.

"I mean, we are in between big bads, so the timing seems right." Oliver said and Laurel smiled.

"Well, when you put it that way, how can I argue." Laurel said as they kissed.

"I can't wait until this little one gets here." Oliver said as he placed his hand on Laurel's stomach and felt the baby kick.

"Why, are you getting certain urges?" Laurel asked.

"You know what I mean." Oliver said and Laurel smiled.

"I do. I've always wanted to be a mother and now I finally have the opportunity to get that chance and yet, I am terrified." Laurel said and Oliver chuckled.

"That's normal. I was a wreck when Samantha first told me she was pregnant with William." Oliver said.

"Honestly, now that I think about it, it seems a bit cruel not to let William be apart of his new sibling's life." Laurel said.

"Samantha and I agreed that William would be safest not knowing. We'll tell him when he turns 18." Oliver said.

"I understand you wanting to give him a normal life, but I can see how much doing so hurts you." Laurel said and it was true, being away from his son pained Oliver more than his wife could ever know, but he knew that it was for the best.

"The pain is one I can manage. Especially after this little one gets here to take up my time." Oliver said as he placed his hands on Laurel's bump and felt a kick.

"Ollie, I know we originally wanted to be surprised, but my curiosity got the best of me and I called Dr. Gill." Laurel said.

"Well, at least we can start decorating a nursery properly. So, are we having a son or a daughter." Oliver asked.

"A girl." Laurel said and Oliver smiled.

"That's a relief." Oliver said.

"What would be so bad about a boy." Laurel asked.

"Nothing, but a girl means that there's a less likely chance of them turning out like me." Oliver said.

"What, billionaire CEO by day, superhero by night. I don't think you turned out so badly." Laurel said.

"First off, our daughter will never have to fight the things we have and second of all, you know I mean like I was before the island." Oliver said and Laurel nodded.

"On that we agree. Hopefully our daughter will never have to fight the evils you have." Laurel said.

"I'd die before letting that happen." Oliver said.

"And that is what makes you a great father." Laurel said.

"I hope so." Oliver said.

"Hey, I know so." Laurel said as she kissed him.