Chapter 92

"So, you're willing to cheat to beat me. What happened to your honor?" Tommy demanded as he continued fighting Ra's while Oliver, Sara and Nyssa kept the League from interfering.

"The only true honor comes from victory. No matter the cost." Ra's said.

"I can't believe I ever respected you." Tommy said as their swords kept clashing together, both warriors equal in skill, since Tommy had learned an incredible amount in such a short time.

"I do not care if you respected me. You swore to serve me." Ra's said.

"And you aren't worthy of any of it." Tommy shouted as he swerved in time to knock Ra's blade out of his hand, grabbed it and held it, crossed with his own, at Ra's throat.

"Yield." Tommy shouted, causing all the fighting to stop as all eyes turned to see the two.

"Never." Ra's said.

"The League has seen your weakness father. They will follow you now." Nyssa said, disgusted that she called this man her father.

"I will never yield." Ra's said as he moved to take back his weapon, only to have Tommy use it to remove his hand.

"Last chance Ra's. Yield." Tommy said.

"The only way to stop me is to end me." Ra's said.

"So be it." Tommy said and with one quick stroke, he shoved his sword through Ra's chest, causing the former Demon to fall to the ground, dead. Tommy then leaned down and pulled the demon's head ring off Ra's finger and slid it on to his own.

"Kneel before the new Ra's al Ghul." Tommy said as he turned to face the League, who quickly did so.

Tommy smiled at Nyssa as he gestured for her to rise.

"Nyssa, you were always a loyal friend and unlike your father, you have a sense of honor." Tommy said.

"Thank you. Although you should also be thanking Sara, since she is the one who taught me not to just blindly obey him." Nyssa said.

"Nyssa, the demon's head ring is your birthright. If you want it, I will give it to you." Tommy said, but Nyssa shook her head.

"No. I only wanted the ring because I was hoping that doing so would finally earn me my father's approval. Now I see that not only would I never get it, but I don't truly seek it. Not anymore. He was a man without honor. Besides, you won the ring from him in combat. By league law, you are now Ra's al Ghul." Nyssa said and Tommy nodded.

"Then I will still offer you a choice. You can either remain with the league and serve as an advisor to me, since I have a lot to learn about running the league, since I do plan on making changes to it, or I can release you from your obligation to it." Tommy said.

"I once had reason to leave the League, but that reason no longer exists." Nyssa said as she looked over at Sara, who just smiled awkwardly at her, knowing she was the reason Nyssa was talking about.

"So you want to stay?" Tommy asked.

"Indeed. However, I will be leaving for a short time to seek out my sister Talia. She will not be quite as happy that you killed our father." Nyssa said.

"Nyssa, let me know when you find Talia. She was my teacher once, maybe I can reason with her without things getting too messy." Oliver said, since he and Talia had solved their issues back when he was locked up in Slabside. He had no intention of making an enemy out of her again.

Nyssa nodded at him.

"What about the rest of these traitors?" Sara asked, referring to Maseo and the others.

"I will give them a chance to prove both their loyalty and their honor to me." Tommy said.

"We live to serve you Ra's al Ghul." one of the other league members said as Maseo came forward.

"Actually my liege, I would request that you release me." Maseo said, much to all their surprise.

"What?" Tommy asked.

"You were right Oliver. I made a mistake when I left Tatsu back in Hong Kong. This whole I've been with the League, I told myself I was becoming a new man, but I was lying to myself. All I was doing was running from the truth that I was coward who destroyed my family. It took Oliver forcing me to confront that truth to make me realize it. So, if you'll release me, I'd like to try and make things right with her." Maseo said and Tommy smiled.

"Sarab, I realize you. You may reclaim your previous name and your past life." Tommy said.

"Thank you." Maseo said as he turned to Oliver.

"Oliver, thank you for reminding me of what's truly important in life." Maseo said as he held out his hand to his old friend, who shook it.

"Thank me, by making things right with Tatsu. Even if she doesn't take you back, at least clear the air with her." Oliver said and Maseo nodded as he walked out.

"I guess this is it." Tommy said as he walked over to Oliver, who smiled.

"Who would've thought 6 years ago that you'd become the leader of the League of Assassins and I'd become a vigilante protecting Star City?" Oliver asked with a chuckle, which Tommy shared.

"I'm really going to miss you Ollie." Tommy said and Oliver smiled.

"I'll miss you to. But Tommy, I think this was always meant to be your purpose. To lead the League to a brighter future." Oliver said and Tommy smiled.

"Thank you. Will you do me a favor and leave Helena here?" Tommy asked.

"Why don't you ask me yourself?" Helena asked as she entered the room.

"About time you came to." Sara said.

"So, Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow." Helena said, taking in Oliver's attire.

"Yes. And Helena, my team and I will take down your father, but not by starting a mob war. That wasn't the way." Oliver said and Helena nodded.

"Well, since I'm pretty sure I'm a wanted woman in Star City these days, might as well stick around here. Who knows, maybe you can teach me something new." Helena said to Tommy with a smile.

"You'll need a League name." Tommy said.

"How about walsiyada?" Oliver asked.

"What does it mean?" Helena asked.

"The Huntress." Oliver said.

"I like it." Helena said.

"Well, we'd better get going." Sara said and Oliver nodded.

"Tommy, remember, if you ever need us for anything, we're just a call away." Oliver said.

"Same here Ollie. You know you're my BFF right?" Tommy asked and Oliver laughed.

"Yeah, of course I do. And you're mine." Oliver as the two old friends hugged.

"Tell Laurel I said hello and I'll send a gift for your wedding." Tommy said.

"I will." Oliver said as he and Sara walked out, leaving Tommy to his new life.