Chapter 44

As soon as she'd finished her conversation with Green Arrow, White Canary had disconnected her comms, since she'd had no intention of waiting for the others to arrive like she'd said she would. Slade had nearly killed the woman she loved and now she'd finally get justice for her.

That was why as soon as she arrived at Star Labs, White Canary got off her bike and headed straight in. She was out for blood and she was determined to get it. No matter what.

She found Deathstroke in one of the storage vaults, it was clear he was ransacking equipment.

"I knew you'd find me first. You're the only one who feels my rage." Slade said, not even surprised when he saw White Canary standing there.

"You should've stayed hidden. You would've lived longer." White Canary said.

"I was going to say the same thing to you." Deathstroke said as he turned to fully face her.

"You're going to pay for what you did to Alex." White Canary said.

"Just like you'll pay for Shado." Deathstroke said as he unsheathed his sword and White Canary pulled out her batons as they charged each other.

Green Arrow, Black Canary and Frostbite were following the sounds of White Canary and Deathstroke's fight when suddenly, they heard a crash as Supergirl crashed through the ceiling.

"What brings you here?" Green Arrow asked.

"Special delivery from Star Labs." Supergirl said, tossing him a vial that he already recognized contained the cure.

"This is the cure?" Green Arrow asked and Supergirl nodded.

"We've only got two doses right now and the other one is for Alex. You only have one shot. Don't waste it." Supergirl said and Green Arrow nodded.

"If you guys can line up a shot for me, I can get it in him. Once we get the cure him, he'll lose his advantage." Green Arrow said and they all nodded.

"I think our biggest challenge will be getting Sara on the same page." Black Canary said.

"Especially since you don't want to kill Slade." Supergirl said.

"It might be hard for you guys to believe, but there is good in Slade somewhere. If we can get the Mirakuru out of him, there is a chance we can turn him from an enemy into an ally." Green Arrow said and the girls just nodded as they carried on.

White Canary was starting to get her ass kicked by Deathstroke when suddenly there was a sonic cry heard, send Slade flying back.

"Frostbite, check on White Canary. Supergirl, Black Canary, get me a shot." Green Arrow said and they all nodded as Frostbite ran over to where White Canary was lying on the floor while the others charged at Deathstroke.

While he did his best to repel his three attackers, it was clear that Deathstroke was outmatched by a kryptonian, a metahuman and his former student and soon Supergirl was holding him steady.

"Take shot." Supergirl shouted as Black Canary removed his helmet, just in time for Green Arrow to fire an arrow into his neck injecting him with the cure.

"What did you do to me?" Slade asked as Supergirl let him go.

"I injected you with the cure Slade. You're done." Green Arrow said as Deathstroke forced himself back to his feet.

"It wasn't the mirakuru that made me hate you." Deathstroke snarled.

"Stand down. He's mine. Go help the others." Green Arrow said to the girls, who nodded as they moved away, leaving the two former friends standing across from each other.

"Dumb move kid. Even without the Mirakuru, you were never a match for me." Deathstroke said as he pulled his helmet back on.

"Let's see if that's true." Green Arrow said as he lunged at Deathstroke, who perfectly blocked his bow with his sword as they began repeating the fight they'd had too many times until Green Arrow caught Deathstroke's blade with his hand and then used his bow to snap the blade like a twig.

"You're done Slade." Green Arrow said gruffly as before Deathstroke could react, he fired two cable arrows, snaring him to a support beam.

"Well kid, what are you going to do now?" Deathstroke said, recognizing he was beaten.

"I'm not going to kill you Slade. Not out of mercy, but because if I did, I'd only become the monster you think I am." Green Arrow said he then punched Slade's lights out.