Chapter 57

"Oliver, why did you want to see us?" Walter asked as Oliver sat down in the parlor of the Queen Mansion across from him and Moira.

"This letter from my father to you Walter. I found it while I was checking out an old storage unit in Orchid Bay to see if there were any other skeletons in the closet buried there. Imagine my shock when I found this." Oliver said as he handed Walter the letter and he could see Walter's eyes widen as he read it.

"I had no idea. I mean, I knew Robert was never the most loyal husband, but I never knew that he had another child. I would've made sure she was taken care of." Walter said and neither he or Oliver missed the nervous way Moira looked.

"Moira, did you know about this?" Walter asked.

"Yes." Moira sighed, knowing that she was caught.

"Why didn't you tell us this? Why did you go to the lengths you did to keep us from finding this out." Oliver said.

"Because I didn't want you to know about your father's flagrant affairs. Until that point, it was easy for him to cover up his misdeeds, but a child, that couldn't be overlooked." Moira said.

"Mom, that's not the whole story." Oliver said.

"I was furious when I found out that not only was Robert having a continuous affair, but he'd basically started a second family and I could tell he loved this woman. So I confronted him about it." Moira said.

"And what ultimatum did you offer him?" Oliver asked.

"Either cut off all communication with his floozy or I'd divorce and sue him for everything he had." Moira said and both Oliver and Walter looked horrified by that.

"So you were so jealous you ruined both this woman and her daughter's life?" Oliver said in disbelief.

"I was trying to keep my family together." Moira said weakly, but Oliver shook his head in disgust.

"No, you did this because you wanted to make the world believe that we were this perfect little family, but in reality, all this family is built on is secrets and lies. We had a right to know, especially since you weren't exactly in a role to judge." Oliver said, reminding his mother of her own affair.

"It was finding out about Emiko and her mother that drove me to my affair." Moira said.

"That's your argument for abandoning them?" Oliver said angrily.

"Oliver, I know you're angry." Moira said.

"No, mom, I was angry when I found out about your affair. I was angry when I found out about the Queen's Gambit. Now I am furious and disappointed." Oliver said angrily as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Walter asked, still trying to comprehend what he'd just learned about his wife.

"To try and make things right with Emiko. Offer a chance she never got. A chance to be a part of a family." Oliver said as he stormed out.

Later that day, Moira was left alone at the mansion, since Thea was off with her boyfriend and like her son, Walter was to ashamed of what she'd done to Emiko and she couldn't exactly blame them.

The more she thought about what she'd done to Emiko, the more guilty she felt. She should've at least let Robert pay child support. But before she could think anymore about that, she shivered and she began to wonder if maybe there was something wrong with the mansion's heater.

"Hello Moira." A strange, yet somewhat familiar voice said behind her and Moira turned to see someone she had thought was dead.

"Thomas, what are you doing here?" Moira asked, shocked at seeing the father of her daughter alive and well, though a bit frostier than she remembered.

"Settling scores." Thomas said as Moira began backing up from him, clearly terrified.

"I never did anything to you but try and help you. I funded your research." Moira said.

"And you hid my daughter from me." Thomas said.

"How do you know about her?" Moira asked.

"I'm a genius remember. You should've known you could keep her from me forever." Thomas said.

"I thought you were dead. I wasn't keeping anything from you because I didn't know you were alive." Moira said truthfully, her terror growing by the minute, since Thomas was clearly unhinged.

"Liar." Thomas shouted as, to Moira's surprise, he ice blasted her across the room.

"Please, I'll do anything, just don't hurt me." Moira cowered.

"Don't worry Moira. I'm not going to kill you. But you will make excellent bait." Thomas said as he breathed an icy fog and Moira began finding it hard to breathe as she blacked out.

"Phase one complete." Thomas said as he lugged Moira over his shoulder and made his exit.