Chapter 169

Later that day, Oliver, Laurel, Nate and Zari were sitting in a rock club on Beale Street.

"I still can't believe I'm here." Nate said.

"What, on Beale street. It still exists back in our time." Zari said to her boyfriend.

"He means seeing Elvis in person and I can't exactly blame him." Oliver said.

"Right, you were a bit of a rock fan back in the day." Laurel said with a smile.

"You can blame my dad for that. He was a bit of a collector of vintage items. Planes, albums, he turned me onto rock music when I was a kid. It's honestly one of the few good memories I have left of him." Oliver said as Laurel placed a hand on her husband's shoulder.

"He would be so proud of the man you've become Oliver." Laurel said and Oliver smiled.

"I know. It's just, there were so many moments I wish he could've been here to see. Our wedding, Thea and Roy's wedding, the birth of his granddaughter." Oliver said.

"He would've loved Jasmine." Laurel said.

"Yeah, he would've." Oliver agreed as they saw Elvis walk up towards the stage.

"Should we get the totem now?" Zari asked and Oliver smiled.

"No, first, we enjoy the show." Oliver said and Nate quickly nodded in agreement.

"My dad would kill me if I didn't get some kind of proof I met Elvis." Laurel shrugged as she covertly pulled out her phone and pulled up her camera as Elvis took the stage and began playing I'm gone Mama. (I don't know any Elvis songs, I'm not a huge rock fan myself).

"Uh, guys, I think we should've gotten the totem first." Zari said as they listened to the music.

"Why?" Laurel asked.

"Because of that." Zari said as she pointed out a ghost forming.

"I'll handle it." Oliver said, since he had a feeling he knew who this ghost was as he rushed outside.

Sure enough, when Oliver turned around, he found that the spirit had followed him and that it was only him that it was after. He knew who it was before the ghost had even finished taking it's form.

"Dad." Oliver said as the ghost of Robert Queen appeared.

"Hello son." Robert said with a smile.

"I've missed you so much." Oliver said, tears actually coming to his eyes.

"I know son. I've been watching you closely." Robert said as Oliver sniffled.

"I've been trying to do what you asked, save the city." Oliver said and Robert smiled.

"And you have far exceeded any expectations I had of you Oliver. I am so proud of the man you've become." Robert said and Oliver smiled at that.

"I'm so sorry dad." Oliver said.

"For what?" Robert asked, confused.

"That you had to give up your life to save mine." Oliver said as he realized that even after everything he's been through, despite having thought he already came to terms with his father's death, even now, he still blamed himself.

"Don't apologize for that Oliver, that was my choice and I stand by it now, since if I hadn't had done that, you never would've had the chance to become the man you are now. The man who will leave behind a far better legacy than I ever could've. You don't need to forgive yourself Oliver." Robert said.

"Why not?" Oliver asked.

"Because, there's nothing for you to forgive yourself for Oliver. Don't blame yourself for my choice anymore son. It's time that you truly move on from me and become your own man. Out of all my accomplishments, the only ones I am truly proud of are you and your sister." Robert said and Oliver smiled.

"Thank you dad." Oliver said as he felt that weight truly be lifted from his shoulders.

"My time is coming to an end, I can feel it. Please, give your mother and sisters messages from me." Robert said.

"Of course." Oliver said.

"First, tell your mother that I love her and I'm so happy that she managed to find happiness again. All I ever wanted was for her to truly be happy." Robert said and Oliver nodded.

"I'll tell her." Oliver said.

"Tell Thea that while she may not be mine by blood, I am still so proud to call her my daughter and that she is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. And finally, tell Emiko that I'm sorry for the way I treated her and her mother, but despite everything she did, including letting me die, yes I know about that, tell her that I forgive her and I'm proud to call her my daughter to." Robert said.

"I'll tell them." Oliver promised as his father's ghost began to fade.

"Thank you Oliver." Robert said.

"I miss you so much dad." Oliver said and Robert smiled at him.

"Remember son, I'm never too far away." Robert said as he faded completely.

"Goodbye dad. I love you." Oliver said with a smile as he finally made peace with his father's death.

When Oliver returned to the club, he found Laurel, Nate and Zari arguing with Elvis, most likely over the guitar.

"Mind, if I cut in?" Oliver asked.

"I'm not giving up this guitar." Elvis said and Oliver couldn't help but feel a bit honored that the king was speaking to him.

"I know why you want to keep the guitar. When you play it, you feel connected to your brother." Oliver said.

"How do you know that?" Elvis asked as the other three looked at Oliver.

"Doesn't matter. But I do know what it's like to miss someone who's gone so much that you'd do anything to see them again. I lost my father and it wasn't until recently that I realized that even though he's gone, he's never too far away. You don't need a guitar to connect to your brother. He may be dead, but he'll never be gone, not completely. He'll always be close by, if you know where to look." Oliver said.

"You really think so?" Elvis asked him.

"I do. Jesse lives on in your memory and as long as you don't forget him, he'll never truly be gone. And honestly, I think there might be a way where we can both get we want." Oliver said.

"How?" Elvis asked.

"Can I have the guitar for a minute?" Oliver asked and Elvis nodded as he handed Oliver the guitar and Oliver placed his hand on the death totem and after a moment, he managed to remove it.

"We just needed this thing that was attached to your guitar." Oliver said.

"Actually, I think I'll let you keep the guitar to. Consider it a thank you for helping open my eyes." Elvis said and Oliver smiled and nodded.

"Would you mind signing it?" Nate asked and Elvis grinned.

"Gotta pen?" he asked as Nate quickly pulled one out of his pocket and signed the guitar.

"Thank you Mr. Presley." Oliver said as he held out his hand, which Elvis shook.

"No, thank you, thank you very much for reminding that Jesse is never too far away." Elvis said with a smile as he walked away.