Chapter 78

"Okay, so what exactly is it you wanted to see me for?" Quentin asked his daughter as he entered her new office and he had to admit, he was impressed.

"One of my initiatives for becoming mayor was re examining the police force, since Church alone showed just how deep the corruption in the police force goes and dad, you're one of the few cops I know aren't crooked." Laurel said.

"Thanks, I think." Quentin said and Laurel smiled.

"It's a good thing, because it means I can trust you to help me with this." Laurel said as she handed her father a file.

"The ACI?" Quentin asked.

"Anti Crime Initiative. Since we don't know how deep the corruption in the SCPD goes, I managed to convince the city council to approve this motion to create a special unit of cops who will report directly to me instead and will help fill in the role of the SCPD until we're sure we've purged a majority of the corruption from it." Laurel said.

"That's actually a pretty good idea." Quentin said.

"Thanks, I wish I could take all the credit, but Oliver's the one who gave me the idea." Laurel said.

"I swear, it seems like that boy knows more about politics then he's letting on." Quentin said and Laurel chuckled.

"Tell me about it, at this point, I'm considering making him my deputy mayor." Laurel chuckled.

"Not sure how I'd feel about that." Quentin said.

"Relax, I was joking. Pretty sure that would be seen as nepotism since Ollie and I are getting married in a few months." Laurel said.

"Yeah, speaking of which, Laurel, we need to talk about that." Quentin said.

"Dad, I don't care what you say, I am marrying Oliver, whether you like it or not. If you continue to make an issue of it, well, don't forget I can control your status in the SCPD right now." Laurel said and Quentin chuckled.

"Relax, I admit, I wasn't thrilled when Oliver asked me for my blessing, but I've come to realize just how much he has changed, so, I'm giving it my blessing now." Quentin said.

"And you're not just sucking up to your new boss?" Laurel asked.

"Please, we both know that's a waste of time." Quentin said and Laurel smiled as she hugged her father.

"Thank you dad." Laurel said.

"I'm sorry for not being more supportive until now." Quentin said.

"Well, there is one thing you can do to make it up to me." Laurel said.

"And that is?" Quentin asked.

"You can walk me down the aisle." Laurel said.

"I'd be honored." Quentin said.

"Great, now the only member of my family who's not going to be actively participating in the ceremony is mom and honestly, I don't even care if she shows up. I haven't even talked to her since I visited her in Central City." Laurel said.

"Are you sure Laurel?" Quentin asked.

"Mom made her choice when she left us. But anyways, with you giving me away and Sara being my maid of honor, all the members of my family that I want there. I mean, I invited her, not sure if I care if she actually comes." Laurel said and Quentin sighed, right as his phone rang.

"Hello? Yeah I'll be right there." Quentin said.

"What's going on?" Laurel asked.

"A homicide. One of the few good cops left on this precinct was found dead this morning. I'm going to help investigate." Quentin said and Laurel nodded, thinking that this was something Team Arrow should definitely start looking into.