Chapter 124

"Holt, please tell me you've found those bombs, since we can't move in until their disabled." Green Arrow said.

"Yeah, I just got them and some good news. All the toys with bombs in them are in the same general area." Curtis said.

"How is that good news?" Frostbite asked.

"Because if you create some kind of barrier between the people and bombs, even if they go off, they can't hurt anyone." Curtis said.

"Copy that. Where are they?" Green Arrow asked.

"Far side of the convention, opposite of the stage. I also did you a favor and tipped off your friend with the cops. The SCPD should be mobilizing shortly." Curtis said.

"Good. They can help us get the people to safety." Black Canary said and Green Arrow nodded.

"What do we in the meantime. I'm pretty sure that us showing up would cause panic." Arsenal said.

"Can you tell me how the bombs were constructed. Like, will shooting them set them off?" Green Arrow asked.

"Hold on a second." Curtis said.

"Well?" Arsenal asked.

"Yeah and as if that wasn't enough, the bombs are linked, so if you set one off, the others go boom to." Curtis said.

"Great." Green Arrow grumbled.

"So what do we do?" Frostbite asked.

"We wait. Hopefully the SCPD will get here soon and while they work on evacuating the building, we can stop the bombs." Green Arrow said.

"We can't wait that long." Frostbite said.

"She's right and you know it." Black Canary said.

"Holt, can you hack the fire alarm, get the people to scatter?" Green Arrow asked after thinking for a minute.

"On it." Curtis said and after a moment, the fire alarms went off and the people immediately began making their way out.

"That trick is old school, but it works." Arsenal said and Green Arrow nodded as they jumped down from their hiding places.

"I figured you guys had something to do with this." Winn said as he looked at his teammates.

"You really think we'd let you do this alone?" Green Arrow asked and Winn grinned.

"I'm guessing you got some temporary tech support." Winn said.

"Very temporary." Green Arrow assured him.

"The bombs." Winn said.

"We've already got a plan for those. Spartan, Holt, is the area evacuated?" Green Arrow asked.

"Only people in there right now are you guys." Spartan confirmed.

"Good. Frostbite, Black Canary, shall we?" Green Arrow asked and his sister and wife nodded.

"What are you guys going to do?" Winn asked.

"This." Green Arrow said as he first fired arrows up at the sprinklers.

"What are you doing?" Winn asked as the sprinklers began pouring down.

"Giving me something to freeze." Frostbite said and Winn understood now.

"Got it." Winn said.

"Ready when you are." Black Canary said as she prepared to scream if necessary.

"You sure you can freeze fast enough?" Green Arrow asked.

"Yeah, I think so." Frostbite said.

"Good, because once I do this, we won't have much time." Green Arrow said.

"That's what I'm here for." Black Canary said.

"Okay guys, go." Curtis said over the comms.

"Let's do this." Green Arrow said as he aimed at one of the toys and fired and as Curtis warned, not only did it trigger the bomb, but all the other bombs went off to.

Frostbite than wasted no time in freezing the water from the sprinklers, creating an ice wall to shield them from the blast, though it was bigger than they'd anticipated.

"Canary." Green Arrow ordered as the ice began to crack.

"On it." Black Canary said as she screamed right as the blast broke through the ice. Her scream managed to hold the blast at bay.

"Nice." Winn said.

"Yeah, but she can't hold it forever, Frostbite." Green Arrow said and his sister nodded as she resumed refreezing the wall, since her sister-in-law's cry was making it easier to contain the blast.

Eventually though, Black Canary had to stop to breathe, but by then, Frostbite had made the ice thick enough to contain the remainder of the blast.

"Holt?" Green Arrow asked.

"You guys did it. You contained the blast. That side of the convention center is destroyed, but other than that, no casualties." Holt said.

"Good. The cops can take it from here. We need to find the master mind." Green Arrow said as he turned towards Winn.

"Guys, I think we found him." Curtis said.

"Where is he?" Green Arrow asked.

"The son of a bitch was hiding in basement of that same building." John said.

"What's the fastest way there?" Green Arrow asked.

"This is." Frostbite said as she used her ice slide and Green Arrow grinned.

"Holt, lead the way." Green Arrow said as he grabbed his sister and let her drive.

Toyman was trying to make a break for it, only to literally to stop frozen in his tracks as his feet were frozen to the ground as Green Arrow and Frostbite appeared in front of him.

"Winslow Schott, you have failed this city." Green Arrow said.

"So what, are you gonna kill me?" Winslow asked.

"No, but I am going to make sure you face justice." Green Arrow said as he punched him out.