05. Vulnerable

Tonight was a night like any other for Taehyung

Tonight was a night like any other for Taehyung. Glasses of Chambertin wine, record player with Mozart's Symphony Number. 25 playing and someone new waiting for him in his bed.

It was a luxurious way of living, to put it lightly, but it was all he knew.

As he left the kitchen, heading to his room, he heard a bit of a chinking sound from outside.

A sound loud enough to get him to put his glass down, tie his robe tighter around him and walk to his door.

There it was again.

It was an eerie screech, too loud to be waved off as the air conditioning system, but too quiet to be any kind of immediate danger.

He twisted the doorknob slowly, head peeking around the side of the frame. Scanning the hallway from left the right, he concluded there was no one there - nothing strange in sight and was about to retreat.

Before he saw it.

Or them, to be exact.

And the mere shock of seeing the two silhouettes, clad in black, in his own building - his penthouse home for that matter - startled him, to say the least. Causing him to fall back slightly, but before he was able to catch himself he hit the knob, making a loud jingle ring through the floor.

One figure's head snapped his way.

That's when he caught their eyes from across the hall. The bottom half of their face was covered by a mask, top half by a headband.

But their eyes.

It only took a small second, however, before they bent down and grabbed the other intruder by the hand and sprinted the other way.

And there Taehyung stood, as if his feet were cemented to the ground. Helpless. Staring at the space where they once were. Looking at the trouble he could have stopped if he had tried.

 Looking at the trouble he could have stopped if he had tried