22. A Friend's Concern

Jimin had finalised all the duties he had planned for that day, he had met with a couple of other department heads and discussed significant mergers, and it was finally time for him to get on with the miscellaneous section of his to-do list

First was checking through the couple of profiles he had stumbled across earlier. The faint memory of meeting up with their company's representative (Kim Seokjin, was it?) played in his mind. He left that day reassured that there was nothing to worry about, but he didn't stop keeping tabs.

Opening his laptop and clicking on the encrypted documents, he was taken aback at the message displayed on the screen.

The documents have been copied onto a USB.

But when?

He never let his laptop out of his sight. He only ever took it to work and then back home.

Shutting his eyes, he remembered that night Taehyung had witnessed two intruders breaking into his home.

So this is what they did?

Getting up out of his seat right away, he was out his door and charging down the stairs to Taehyung's floor. It was only two flights below his, and he didn't see the use of taking the elevator. Besides, he wanted a bit more time to toss around the thoughts in his head.

It all appears to be more severe than what he was initially thinking.

Firstly, their bank already contains accounts owned by the Italian mafia, and potentially several others.

Secondly, the information he had on a company he had suspected of drug trafficking had been infiltrated. Maybe it wasn't only drug trafficking that it was linked to?

The only thing that could top it off was if there was a mole right under his nose.

He got to Taehyung's floor and started for the corridor that leads to his office.

But something stopped him.

Or rather, someone.

"I can't with you guys... when did you find out?"

The voice belonged to Taehyung's secretary.

And when he realised, Jimin smiled a little. Taehyung never allowed his past secretary to be able to use his phone on the job.

Maybe his best friend's loosening up a little bit.

"Since then, you knew? And you still thought it was a good idea that I'm coming here everyday?"

He was about to continue walking through the hall, but this made him freeze.

Jimin didn't jump to conclusions but 'here' surely meant his office, and he didn't want to believe she was insinuating it was somehow not safe.