46. Wanting Nothing

Jiah was running through the alleyway, trying to heave in deep breaths as she did so in order to continue

She wasn't going to stop, not now.

"You better come quick," her boss's voice echoed in her ear, "This boy's not going to be able to wait long enough for you."

The vision of Taehyung chained to a seat, blood staining his forehead, arms and legs kept her going.

No. No. No.

She couldn't let anything happen to him.

Finally getting to the restaurant, she threw the door open, only to reveal the pitch-black room. Her breathing got heavier, as she stumbled over her feet, trying to find the switch.

Fortunately, the lights flickered on in a second, her boss standing in the centre of the room, a small pistol in his hand. Sitting on a chair next to him was Taehyung, dangerously close to the gun.

But he wasn't just sitting there; he was crying.

"Jiah! Run!"

"Shut up," her boss snapped, but Taehyung shook his head.

"Jiah, run! They're trying to kill you-"

The gunshot deafened her, the room going black in an instant.

--

Her eyes shot open, bouncing up and gasping for air. Jiah was gripping at her neck, forcing in a deep breath and then puffing out as much air as she could.

Taehyung jolted up as well, hearing the commotion, his eyes filled with worry as he held her shoulders.

"Jiah! Jiah, are you alright?"

She spun to face him, tears now streaming down her face as her previously terrified demeanour was soon replaced with relief, eyes scanning every inch of him before slumping into his embrace, whispering the same thing over and over.

"Thank God. Thank God you're safe."

Taehyung bit his lip, with his eyebrows, furrowed he pulled her closer to him.

He hated that she had to face this nightmare always, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

He hated that he wasn't able to tear down the enemy, continually shoving these harrowing thoughts into her head. He wanted nothing more than to fight these tormenting monsters of hers, but he was helpless.

She pulled back slightly, trembling hands rising and taking his face in hers.

His lips that grew cherry blossoms. His cheeks where orchids would bloom. His eyes were made of pure diamond. His eyelashes which caught stardust that fell.

Her lips quivered, and she wasn't even ashamed as she whimpered, staring back at the man before her.

He, too, found tears pricking in the back of his eyes as he watched the woman he loves break down in front of him.