17. Storms

When Jiah had left the room, Jimin turned back to Taehyung for them to go through what she had brought in

"She crossed it out," he whispered, looking at his best friend.

Taehyung raised his eyebrow, wondering why he was whispering.

"She crossed out the company, does that mean she ruled it out as not having any ties to the mafia?"

He skimmed the papers, "Yes. I think that's what she means."

"Okay, I'm gonna go back there and check the surveillance cameras, I can't be going crazy. I have to be right."

Taehyung grabbed his arm to stop him before he left, "You still haven't checked the cameras?"

"No, I didn't think it was that important before now."

"Jimin," he let go, "I was so mad at myself when I couldn't remember who it was, and you didn't even think to check the cameras for me?"

"Tae, I didn't care before, remember? It's okay, we'll figure something out."

"Okay, you go check the security cameras, I'm going to go to my next meeting, text me if you find anything."

Shortly after Jimin had left him, there was a quiet knock at Taehyung's door before it opened slowly.

"The Bank Director just sent through the files that he will be discussing in his meeting later today so I printed them out for you," she was passing it over his desk to her and he made sure not to miss the opportunity to catch her eyes.

He was usually a good judge of character. He could normally tell if someone was going to screw him over, but why was it that when he looked into those dark caramel eyes of hers, it was as if they were only surface level deep... they had a copper barricade pushed against it.

"Uh, Jiah," he asked quickly before she was out the door.

"Yes, sir?"

"Can you please reserve me another table tonight at seven at the same restaurant."

"Of course, anything else?"

"No, that's it thank you."

The rest of Taehyung's meetings had gone by smoothly, and finally it was time for them to clock out.

Luckily, it was right then that there was a knock at his door, signalling that work was done for the day.

Turning his monitor off, he draped his long coat over his shoulders and walked to his door.

Outside, there was a woman waiting for him and he couldn't help but smirk at the navy dress she was wearing, the exact one he had bought for her after their last meeting.

The woman seemed to notice his keen eye and she tapped his chin, making him lift his gaze from her dress to her eyes, "Does it look good on me?"

"Well of course," he told her, "I picked it, didn't I?"