39. Angels & Devils

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

"How is everything going?" Dong Seok, Jungkook and Jiah's leader was asking as they were seated eating lunch at their boss's restaurant. This was a perfect way for their gang to meet up with each other, completely disguised as a regular eating place while the VIPs were exclusive to them and them only, no one else would ever know.

They had just finished talking about all the bank profiles Jiah had altered, all the times they had used World's transport vehicles and had to disarm their security and all the transactions she had to delete from the company's history to hide their mafia activity. Everything they said was eating more and more at Jiah's heart; she couldn't believe she did all that to Taehyung. To Jimin. To the company they both tried so hard to look after and develop.

"Everything's great," Jungkook shrugged, trying his best to keep everything short. Jiah could almost see everything going on in his head; he was creating millions of scenarios that could potentially happen after their capo found out about Taehyung and Jimin knowing.

"How's Diamond and Saturn?" at the sudden question, both Jiah and Jungkook exchanged glances.

"They're fine..." Jiah replied wearily.

"They haven't caught on?"

"Oh no," Jungkook rushed his words, "Of course not."

Nodding, he picked up some more rice, "How much closer have you become to Scar? We need you to finish everything within the next month, at least."

"I'm closer," she lied, "Why am I doing this? Why do we need to kill him?"

"That's none of your business," he broke eye contact with Jiah and continued to eat his food. Jiah breathed out a sigh of exasperation; she was so annoyed with how they operated. She was never told the reason behind her missions, ever. She was just expected to finish them.

Jiah was about to retaliate, her fingers balled into fists as she opened her mouth to speak. But Jungkook saw this change in her demeanour, and before she could say, or do anything, he reached his hand out and wrapped it around hers.

"Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?" he asked, and Dong Seok shook his head. "Well, we'll be going then, thank you for lunch."

Standing up in his seat, he forced Jiah to follow, and they both bowed before exiting.

"That was a waste of my time," she muttered under her breath as they walked to the main door.

"Shadow," Jungkook warned, "Play nice, they might hear you."

"I don't ca-" when she lifted her head to speak to him, someone caught her eye coming into the building through the front door.

Instantly she grabbed onto Jungkook's arm and pulled him back into the hallway, all the while with her eyes still trained on the man. He walked into the restaurant and after talking to the server at the front, was allowed past the velvet ropes.