50. Love Worth Fighting For

Taehyung had been discharged from the hospital in a week just like the doctors promised

Taehyung had been discharged from the hospital in a week just like the doctors promised. He was recovering well, and the other three took turns, making sure he didn't move too much - despite his never-ending cries of 'I'm fine!'.

Scar - the Director - was able to find out where exactly the gang had been keeping the girls, and they decided against waiting to invade the warehouse. Sooner than later.

However, Jungkook and Jiah had suggested they talk to Seokjin before they move forward. They hoped that they could trust him enough to get him on board, possibly let Taehyung stay out of it (while Taehyung insisted he was okay, Jiah didn't want to take any chances).

So they set out to Seokjin's house without telling Jimin or Taehyung, arriving in the dead of the night.

Although there was an eerie silence in the air, the dim light in the corner of the house confirmed there was someone awake, and so they proceeded to knock.

The door opened a couple of minutes later, the man they'd been meaning to speak to appearing, wearing an annoyed expression. However, that expression dissolved into what seemed to be confusion when he registered their faces.

"Hey guys?" question in his tone, he slowly stepped from the door to let them in, "Is everything alright?"

The truth was, they hadn't seen him since Hoseok's memorial, and they didn't realise he could have looked any worse than then.

Now, his hair was a dishevelled mess, and not one from troubled sleep; it looked as though he'd been continually pulling at it for weeks. Bloodshot eyes resting upon wrinkled cheeks; a combination caused by sleepless nights drinking away his sorrows.

"Hey, hyung," Jungkook muttered, walking behind him and Jiah followed suit. They quietly scanned the room, empty beer cans and takeaway containers were discarded throughout.

They thought their grieving process was bad - this was worse.

"How have you guys been?"

"Not as bad as you've been," they sat down on the couch - after Seokjin had moved paper bags and metal cans from it, "Are you even looking after yourself?"

"I'm trying to manage the best I can," he frowned, "How about you guys?"

"We're getting there," Jungkook spoke on behalf of them both, knowing that Jiah was thinking too much to speak. And he knew what she was thinking.

We can't ask him for help. Not when he's this much of a mess.

"Is anything wrong, though? It's a bit worrisome that you came at this hour-"

"Yeah," Jiah sighed, "We've meant to ask you how you've been, but we were so busy."

"You haven't been holding up that well, is your partner being a good sport? Is he helping you?"